Saturday evening A&E Bash!

Folks - I have been asked for to lay on a bash on the Saturday evening of A&£ 2012 - a 40's dance.

The Corn Exchange here in Dorchester used to hold 40's dances for the 'Yanks' - before I pull the trigger on this - is this something that would be of interest to you?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you've got more than enough on your plate without commiting to something that could potentially cost a lot of money.

Don't worry about that Degsy - your the bouncer and it would be ticket only :)

I think Degsy is right , it will take a lot of organising and will probaly lose money , Adrian B had discussed with me about having a beer tent at the camp site which we thought would be a good place to socialize and meet fellow forum members over a pint ,it could be run on a bring a bottle type affair , if ever one brought a pack of fosters , wine etc or what ever they drunk it wouldnt have any financial impact on A&E etc , only my thoughts , it would be intresting to see what other members thought ???

We probably wouldn't go to be honest. The boys wouldn't really like it, don't think it's the cubes cup of tea and I will be well on my way to being tired and emotional!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also agree with Degsy and Adrian S to. You have enough on your plate Jack, you want to enjoy the event as well not permanently fretting about stuff!

Just as an idea, our tent is fairly big and we could open our tent for the evening? Bring your own drink, I could supply snacks if wanted. Does someone have a portable sound system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by rosie

I think Degsy is right , it will take a lot of organising and will probaly lose money , Adrian B had discussed with me about having a beer tent at the camp site which we thought would be a good place to socialize and meet fellow forum members over a pint ,it could be run on a bring a bottle type affair , if ever one brought a pack of fosters , wine etc or what ever they drunk it wouldnt have any financial impact on A&E etc , only my thoughts , it would be intresting to see what other members thought ???

I agree, this would be my choice too, going into Dorchester would tend break up the party!

jack after the talk we had the other day why not use the mess tent as a dance/beer hall in the evening because if big enougth then would be worth putting up your big tent and im sure if i can get 1 of my team to bring his music it might work

Adrian B had discussed with me about having a beer tent at the camp site which we thought would be a good place to socialize and meet fellow forum members over a pint

WHAT - you two talking again now???!!!

Its probably a good idea that we all stay around the £100,000s of pound worth of historic equipment in a field rather than all bug~er off and leave it to its own devices. I'm not bringing the dogs in 2012 so security will be well reduced :undecided:

Seriously, a beer tent (for the sake of a better term) would be a good idea, a focul point, that is one thing that was lacking last time.....and while I am on the subject of gatherings, if I am not in the group photo this time there will be trouble Jack. :angel:

forget the beer tent, how about a couple of strippers and a comedian (or failing that The world of tanks girls) :wow: on second thoughts we're definately going to need the tent for the performance.:-D

one for the suggestions box

rick