STOLEN WEAPONS.......If you've lost one - read this.............

Markheliops

Hi all.

I have had something interesting passed on to me so if you have had any weapons stolen........ it may be worth your while making some enquiries:

Article is from a Devon local paper.

Military enthusiast raided combat museum

A military enthusiast raided a combat museum and stole a cache of disarmed weapons worth £3,200.

Michael Cassemis, from Cardiff, had travelled to the Cobbaton Combat Collection museum in Umberleigh, North Devon, on August 13 for a special Second World War enthusiasts’ charity event.

The event was put on to raise money for the Burma Star campaign. But at some time over the weekend, Cassemis went back into the museum through a fire exit. He stole a Webley and Scott .38 revolver, a Smith Wesson .38 revolver, a HPJM49/57 sub machine gun, a Browning pistol, a HE 76 Assault rifle, a M59606 Chinese Assault rifle, a Bren light machine gun, two AK47 assault rifles and a grenade.

Cassemis, aged 44, pleaded guilty to burglary, at North Devon Magistrates’ Court yesterdayFRI. He also admitted buying stolen goods, namely four other guns stolen from the War and Peace show in Kent on July 30. The case was sent to Exeter Crown Court for sentence on November 4. Cassemis was remanded on bail.

Link to the article is below.

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/Military-enthusiast-raided-combat-museum/story-13503977-detail/story.html

I know at least one forum member who went to purchase a side arm at this years show but unfortunately the weapon had been stolen from the owners car the night before.

Lets hope some weapons find their way back to the rightful owners.

Regards

Markheliops

i had my camera stolen by a thieving scumbag at war and peace. he swiped my jacket from my feet whilst i rolled a cigarette, we caught him but he had already rinsed the pockets and the camera had been passed onto an accomplise unfortunately security were next to useless didnt want to help .

These scum are so brazen i'm glad the guy who stole the guns at cobbaton was caught and the police took it seriously.:mad:

could be a new arena event, daimler ferret versus scum ! bet it would draw the crowds !

Or they could be made to do something useful for once in their miserable lives.....

The audience could be sold tickets, all proceeds going to a charity, nominating the vehicle of choice they want to see run over the scumbag(s)..... Wonder how many would vote for the Chieftain or Centurion??

And can I submit three candidates for the first run??? :cool2:

It's good that the weapons have been recovered and the culprit caught, but getting them back from the police may be a the hardest part, no doubt they will be held as evidence at least until the trial is over, then depending on the attitude of the police authority, I suspect they may want them destroyed.

They might want to, but would have no legal basis to do so. If the weapons bear the proper Proof House marks and the owner can show good title, the Police are bound in law to return the property. The only fly in the ointment is if Insurance has paid out on them. Title would then repose with the Insurance company.l