British WW2 10 cwt GS Trailer

Gentlemen, who can help me? I have found a 10 cwt trailer at a local farm and want to restore it. Unfortunately, all the wood is lost. Can anyone tell me the sizes of the wood and what kind of wood they used for this type of trailer? Greetings Bleus Johnny Belgium

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2011 at 5:14 PM, Great War truck said:

David

This water tanker came out of a wood outside Oxford. I regret not buying it. I think it was built by SS. Would it have had any common parts to your trailer:

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

I know this is a long shot (old thread), but does anybody know where or who has this trailer now, I have some thing from this very trailer that the owner might like, Regards Gary

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Great War truck said:

Hi Gary

I know the owner died a few weeks ago. I will try and find out its new destination.

Hi Tim.

I have a feeling your mate John from Devon bought it ? restored it & sold it on to somebody in Cambridge ? don't know where I got that from though ?

• 3 months later...

I've just acquired a Mortar trailer to tow behind the Loyd Carrier.  Its reasonably complete but has no cleats, I see mention of getting new ones cast, did that happen and are any still available?  I do have the correct hitch assembly but with the small eye, for the loyd I need the 2 13/16" ID 'large' eye, can anyone help out?  I am happy to swap it for the smaller one which would be more suited to jeeps.

trailer.jpg

Edited by ajmac
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2015 at 7:20 PM, agincourt no1 said:

IO Code No 12995

Illustrated spare parts list,

for

Trailer,1/2ton,G.S Cargo 2 Wheeled, No 1 and 2

Trailer,1/2ton, 4.2in Mortar No1, 2 Wheeled

Trailer,1/2ton, 4.2in Mortar Ammunition No1, 2 Wheeled

Would anyone know where I could get a scan / copy / original of the Illustrated Spare Parts List?

Thanks in advance!

PS: when searching in the internet I only found this reference and the picture below:

139209908_10222600413266356_7642553817406314271_n.thumb.jpg.8aac57bb86052e9b157e8b7eb393fa1f.jpg

3 hours ago, mcspool said:

Would anyone know where I could get a scan / copy / original of the Illustrated Spare Parts List?

Sorted: Courtesy of Arjan van der Hoek and John Corden I got a number of Illustrated Spare Parts Lists and Identification Lists in pdf-format.

Go to the folder British_10-cwt_Trailer_manuals of the Maple Leaf Up Download section if you want to download them.

1142902185_WOCode5460.thumb.png.32e0786ea30c6b48e980424023fae642.png