Maverick

What is this from ???

Can anyone tell me what this is from and why the curved bracket on the back? I assume it British ??? Nato lead not very long 5 ft may be ???

hmvf 020.jpg

hmvf 021.jpg

Almost certain these are off 105 Light Gun for attaching prior to towing on public roads, come as a pair.

Edited to add: Just had another look this one looks like a single but later ones came as a pair.

Edited by recymech66

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought it might of been arty related but the length of the lead seams very short? Have you got any pictures of it in use etc ??

We used to use same on our MOBATS towed behind land-rovers but lead was longer if I remember correctly, the curve sat on barrel and attached by webbing straps

So its safe to say its British and and it goes on a barrel of some sort, like you the short lead makes things confusing. Will be good to see what pictures recymech66 comes up with

Many thanks

Just had a look through my photos, there are some with the lights fitted but the photos aren't taken close enough for a decent look.

Maybe the short lead fitted onto an extension, but it's safe to say it is from a gun. Sorry I couldn't be more help with pics. But yes it's definately British.

Edited by recymech66

Looks like a home made job to me !, I have a crate full of Artillery tow lights of all nationalities but non as crude as that .

Rob......................rnixartillery.

Looks like a home made job to me !, I have a crate full of Artillery tow lights of all nationalities but non as crude as that .

Rob......................rnixartillery.

It does look crude but then a lot of the lighting sets for various military vehicles look very crude also. See the link below and have a look at the lights in the pic for the Mobat anti tank gun.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?26776-Mobat-L4-120mm-Anti-tank-gun-for-sale.

Even the latest issue 105 Lt Gun tow lights look like they've been knocked up in somebodies shed in an afternoon.