Cheers Steve - done! And working on getting your gun down too.

Adrian - I won't let you let me drive your tank at this rate :coffee:

Looking foreward to it already! mack real slow on the hills with gun on the back Could hold things up a bit? , would be walking speed on the hill back to camp site . Probably same speed as 2 wards towing someones sherman ....... custard creams or jammy dodgers??

Which translates to-I know it won't be ready in time!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch :shocked: :laugh:

Sounds like quite a few "bigger" vehicles to look after - would you like another despatch bike to help with the shepherding? It's a '44 BSA WM20 in correct colour & spec.

I dont think like is the word "need" is more appropriate

Nigel

Sounds like quite a few "bigger" vehicles to look after - would you like another despatch bike to help with the shepherding? It's a '44 BSA WM20 in correct colour & spec.

Hi,

To be honest I can't answer that until the new year as I have to make sure all who came last year would likle to come again - its a numbers issue I have.

May be a silly question so forgive if I am speaking out of turn but do you have a lot of convoy experience? If not then I would hook with Nigel and Ian and their chums and see what they get up to - they are very very good at their jobs and made A&E 2010 run like clock work. http://www.wdbsa.nl/

..........that was until Nigel ended up in the ditch :coffee:

Hi,

To be honest I can't answer that until the new year as I have to make sure all who came last year would likle to come again - its a numbers issue I have.

May be a silly question so forgive if I am speaking out of turn but do you have a lot of convoy experience? If not then I would hook with Nigel and Ian and their chums and see what they get up to - they are very very good at their jobs and made A&E 2010 run like clock work. http://www.wdbsa.nl/

..........that was until Nigel ended up in the ditch :coffee:

"not guilty sir" was not me in the ditch but I do remember the incident

• 2 weeks later...

"not guilty sir" was not me in the ditch but I do remember the incident

Yes, that was young Kevin on his Matchless, it happened just in front of us, this was emphasised later with the added foliage to his Motorcycle:whistle:

100_2636.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'll bring my WLA, not WLC as Jack mentioned previously...;)

But, if it's outriders you're wanting, there may be a few more Harleys available this time round. They seem to be the new "black" at the moment, and a few have been bought up recently. So, with some gentle persuasion, i'm sure we can get them along.

Last year there were at least a dozen bikes, if not more. They certainly help the convoy move along, and are essential if you want the tracked vehicles to behave, and not overheat etc.;)

• 3 months later...

hi jack,

the clock is ticking till the big day, & i am realy looking forward to the event, & meeting i hope your good self, & a lot of new faces. i booked my gmc 353 on to the event at the start of the year, paid, & sent in my entry fee, & recived back from you confirmation of my booking. however, my truck isnt on your soft skin list on the armaour, & embarkation site, & am worried that something has gone a miss. please can you confirm that you have me down, & that i am just being a silly worry pants. i know that you are up to your armpits, as they say, in sorting out everything for this event, so am sorry for being a pain, in asking you for clarification.

many thanks,

james hubble, owner of a 1941 cckw 353 tin top, with cupola, & gun mount.

hi jack,

the clock is ticking till the big day, & i am realy looking forward to the event, & meeting i hope your good self, & a lot of new faces. i booked my gmc 353 on to the event at the start of the year, paid, & sent in my entry fee, & recived back from you confirmation of my booking. however, my truck isnt on your soft skin list on the armaour, & embarkation site, & am worried that something has gone a miss. please can you confirm that you have me down, & that i am just being a silly worry pants. i know that you are up to your armpits, as they say, in sorting out everything for this event, so am sorry for being a pain, in asking you for clarification.

many thanks,

james hubble, owner of a 1941 cckw 353 tin top, with cupola, & gun mount.

Hi James,

We are getting there. Yes you are on the list. Don't worry about the A&E softskin list as I will update it when I get time :)

Best wishes,

Jack.

hi jack,

few, thats great news! didnt fancy having to tell my truck load of pals, that they had no ride! will be getting the old girl finished of in the next couple of weeks, so she looks her best for the event.....just not looking forward to painting 10 wheels!:shocked:

with best regards, & looking forward to meeting you, & the legend that is rosie....i have heard some tales!

james hubble.

with best regards, & looking forward to meeting you, & the legend that is rosie....i have heard some tales!

james hubble.

You so don't know what you are in for there James....

I'll bring my WLA, not WLC as Jack mentioned previously...;)

But, if it's outriders you're wanting, there may be a few more Harleys available this time round. They seem to be the new "black" at the moment, and a few have been bought up recently. So, with some gentle persuasion, i'm sure we can get them along.

Last year there were at least a dozen bikes, if not more. They certainly help the convoy move along, and are essential if you want the tracked vehicles to behave, and not overheat etc.;)

You are right - a lot of them about - which is good to see.

I think we have the correct amount of bikes again this year and those guys were simply outstanding in 2010. Again for me, it comes down to have a managable amount of vehicles. DR's working up and down the convoy can be dangerous and anymore could cause them hassle.