A Tale of Caution

cosrec

Isn't it more a case of DVLA being forced to accept harmonisation with European legislation? The problem is that we take it all at face value......

You could well be correct, I don't think I'd better comment further or I could get myself banned :-X

Sounds like a perfect reason to accelerate the planned devolution from Europe to me!! :D

Well , if we become the independant state of England (HMVF branch) we will at least have a better equiped Army than some EU countrys can raise , the airforce may need a bit more work ( If I win the Euro lotto myself and Mr Scott will contribute a Mk 9 spit each with Tim in a Mustang ) and as far as I know the navy may well only consist of the small RIB we use on the pond in the garden .... may well be able to strap the 50 cal onto it but I fear the recoil may have a devastating affect on forwards motion when in action.

Edited by trustmeimamechanic
speshul spelling

bit of an update. The demonstration unit trailer had all the gear put in by the shop fitters removed + its silent running genertor and has been and had its prohobition noticed lifted. It has been out out today and yesterday doiing its job been towed by a 7.5 ton truck. It is having its running gear uprated over the coming weeks by the people who built it to get it back to the specs it was ordered for.

Now for the bit that will concern people on here the pickup is a Dodge ram with dual wheels at the rear . 5.6 tons gross in the states but rated at 3 tons here. it has had its wieght uprated to 3.5 tons. (on paper) It still has a prohibition on it unless it has either a tacho fitted or its tow bar removed This is definite it was presented to a test station this week and given an exemption to proceed back to base and or to a place for modification. It is having a tacho fitted this week. A plea that it was been used for private/ non commercial/ demonstration use was ignored. So it it is still as clear as mud if you have to have a tacho in in say a landrover

Edited by cosrec