• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Gents

the SP vehicles were "soft" as far as the ones I "owned" for a while. If the current owner looks for the vehicle ID plate(Its a BIG brass plate on the hull on the Loaders side of the vehicle looking gun forward) it will say what vehicle it really is.

Be wary that for Gulf War 1 the Army bodged a lot of vehicles to get them to Mark 3 standard so Hulls and Turrets were swapped with gay abandon. 34KA64 was left alone as the first SSGCE fitted vehicle but my personal

vehicle 35KA87 disappeared Gulf bound complete with CHIP/CAIP mods! (And I never got it back for trial completion!)

Edited by tankmaker1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Andy

Not been to the shed recently as it is a couple of ours from me, and now that I have storage in Yorkshire I am focussing on one vehicle at a time. Steady (but slow) progress is being made though. A pack has been sourced and it is now a case of collecting all the other bits and working out where it all goes! If you want to see the beast in the flesh it will be on static display at the Tanks Trucks and Firepower show over the August bank holiday...

Cheers

Timbo

• 2 weeks later...

Andy

I dint have any at the moment but I should be in the shed towards the end of July so will get some for you then. The decks have been removed for blasting and painting so should be able to get you some good shots.

Cheers

Tim

• 5 months later...
Brings a tear to my eye to see this lol, spent a great deal of time working and sleeping on and in one plus lots of scuffed knuckles repairing. :cheesy:

Well Jack the good news is that slow but steady progress is being made on the restoration. The exterior is nearly finished and work has started on prepping the engine bay for the pack to go in. It is hoped that it will be up and running for summer 2014 (although it might be late summer!)...

Cheers

Timbo

Aprox 6 months ago was in uk passing QUINTIQ at Shoeburyness just as a challenger was being taken in there on a low loader, never got a chance to see number and had no camara with me, anyone know out about it, stayed with a friend near there 2am in the morning blobby great chopper flew over no lights of anykind on fast in and out over the sea, funny old goings on happens a couple of times a year so was told. As i am here let me wish everyone a great Christmas, massive enjoyment with all your kit and some greats shows in 2014. ADIOS.