Early Pattern DPM Para Smock

Eaglehurst

This must be right from the changeover of old sizing to metric as it carries all of the original DPM Para smock details - Newey studs; NZ zip in lighter green; no FFD pocket on right arm and the lighter coloured older DPM.

In really nice condition with only a tiny bit of fraying on the cuffs....and from one of my favoured manufacturers: HE Textiles.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Edited by Eaglehurst

I concur Jason.....probable manufacture around 1979-81.......not certain when the sizing changed from the old range to metric but it was around this time.....access to the relevant QM lists would be useful !!!

Production of the DPM para smock started around 1977 with issues commencing 77-78...so the older size range was only in use for a year or two.....

I have another in old sizing 3 (same size as this one) and the chap I bought it off told me he was issued with it in late 1979 for an NI tour. That was an F Fryer manufacture but with all the same details at this smock. In short I agree that this could have been a c1980/81 model...

Nice smock ! Can't have too many early DPM smocks of any type can you ?!! :cool2:

Dave

The wife would disagree Dave!!

Seriously though this one caught my eye as I was looking for a slightly later version ie with FFD etc..but still with makers name on label.

I have a few DPM smocks of various patterns that are made up from different patterns/colours of material.....

On one particular 68 pattern smock the assembler appears to have taken care in ensuring that all outer fabric matched....although the non-matching cammo was used on the inner pocket flaps, etc......

Yet I have a para smock that has pockets in one pattern and the body in another.....

The worse example I have of mis-matching is actually a DPM crap hat......the peak is in a completely different colour and pattern to the rest of the cap.....

I guess that this just evidences mass factory production, with pockets, peaks, collars, etc, all made up in batches and supplied to the assembly line......tough if your particular garment was near the end of the roll...!!! :D