Worst war film ever ?

RattlesnakeBob

Wish I could have the perfect life.....!!

Ive been to Aldi but they said they have never stocked them, nor has Lidl.:nut:

I thought I was on a roll when i went to Marks and Spencers in my bestest cleanish overalls, but they just wouldnt let me in saying I dont deserve it and called me an "OIK" or someting...!!>:(

Oh well back to the oily dark dingy bits of MY life!!!:cry:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to Kelly's heroes.

Great film.

Lets be honest, which WW2 movie from before SPR took the effort to make a good replica of a Tiger instead of a Post war US Walker Bulldog tank with German markings.

Even a lot of the other vehicles, uniforms and gear are mostly correct.

We Were Soldiers - love that film.

But I have many that were ingrained in me from childhood from Dad used to watch them.

But the best for me (not best in a nice way) is To End All Wars - a true story about four Allied POW's who endure harsh treatment from their Japanese captors during World War II while being forced to build a railroad through the Burmese jungle.

Very sad and tragic :(

Wish I could have the perfect life.....!!

Ive been to Aldi but they said they have never stocked them, nor has Lidl.:nut:

I thought I was on a roll when i went to Marks and Spencers in my bestest cleanish overalls, but they just wouldnt let me in saying I dont deserve it and called me an "OIK" or someting...!!>:(

Oh well back to the oily dark dingy bits of MY life!!!:cry:

I believe you can get one from IKEA but you will be disappointed.

It's flat packed so it takes ages to get your "perfect life" together only to find something missing.

Mike

It's flat packed so it takes ages to get your "perfect life" together only to find something missing.

Mike

Christ mate, only something missing....????

Sod IKEA, not since they found horse meat in their (very scrumptious!!) meatballs!!

Im not THAT desperate for a life!!!

Im sure they had a perfect life on one of thoes `Test Machines` they use to test the life expectancy of furniture in their stores, but I couldnt be arsed waiting that long to see what the outcome was!!!!:nut:

My missus is the `Test Bed` for my life....She freaked when I told her I wanted a welbike, havent the balls to tell her about the Universal Carrier yet!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

PS, IM STILL LOOKING FOR A CARRIER PROJECT AT REALISTIC PRICE!!

Mike

That just made me laugh Mike!

Wel I've just got back from tramping the local high stree(Charity shops and pawnbrockers, plus Mc Donalds) Gone around the local 'Retail Park (Shutdown HMV, Comet and Blockbusters, plus a Nandos, but there is a drive through Mc Donalds about 200 yds away) and the local Asda, IKEA, CurrysPC World, even Halfords. No sign of a perfect life! :yawn: So I'm back up to se ethe dodges this afternoon, hey it 'ain't perfect, but it's mine! :D

With regard to the substitution of (more) modern vehicles in lieu of period vehicles in film, it might be a thing of the past.

The recent Matt Damon film 'The Green Zone' used Hueys while filming, but these were turned into Blackhawks by post-production CGI wizardy. So you see real actors leaping out of a real helicopter, but you see a Blackhawk on screen.

So, I'd hope the forthcoming remake of 'Dambuster' will include whole squadrons of realistic Lancasters.

jch

I am going to boycott the Dambusters film until they give Mr Gibsons dog it's proper name

Mr Jeeper (with his Honours Degree)

I feel that I must reply to your assertions that I am 'pompous' Post 98 and 'boorish' Post 106, the latter has as one of it's definition 'ill bred' so that is me? Quite a damning conclusion..........

Bob

Since you ask, I was thinking of this definition; boorish [ˈbʊərɪʃ] - adjective - ill-mannered, clumsy, or insensitive; rude.

I'll add sarcastic to the list as well.

With regard to the substitution of (more) modern vehicles in lieu of period vehicles in film, it might be a thing of the past.

The recent Matt Damon film 'The Green Zone' used Hueys while filming, but these were turned into Blackhawks by post-production CGI wizardy.

Reminds me of something I read about 15 years ago. I could describe it from memory if I wanted but why bother when I can GIFY ... ?

http://www.snopes.com/humor/nonsense/kangaroo.asp

(Must have been 13-14 years ago.)

Edited by AlienFTM
Badly needed editing

Where do you think I come from?

You do not state this, but on Post 98 you have a link to Center for a New American Security which I thought it reasonable to assume you were part of i.e. an American ?

You have my name but what is yours ?

I posted that link for reference because it was a discussion about movies, including Kelly's Heroes, and it contrasted with your dismissive post about my enjoyment of that movie.

What's my name? It really doesn't matter, even though there's plenty of people on here who know my name, I'm just a bloke who thought that it was okay to express an opinion about a personal preference in a chatty thread without having it publicly rubbished. Silly me.

Arf arf arf... That's my other dog impression.

best line of that film has to be when Telly Savalas questions why Oddball is sitting in a deck chair as his crew fervishly work on the broken down Sherman ......

" What am I doing ??? well I'm eating some cheese , drinking some wine and taking in the rays ...I only ride 'em man I don't know how to fix 'em"

followed very closely by

"TIGERS !?!?!? I ain't gonna lock horns with no Tigers man!!!" :D