W&P Sunday Service

woa2

At W&P on the Sunday is a Church Service, this year the Bishop of Rochester took the service. This is held in the roadway outside the Victory Marque. This year the service had to be stopped while an Ambulance needed to get through.

My question is, why isn't the Sunday Church Service held in the Victory Marque, which is empty at this time, and not in a roadway? Can anyone from the W&P committee explain why?

Because it is an open-air service?

Good Point, Clive. Next question is why is it an open air service and not an under cover service? There are facilities available. If it is an open air service, why is it held on an access route?

why is it held on an access route?
I suppose that's the only way that people would know that it was happening! Because I've just looked through the programme & the exhibitors pack & I could see no reference to it, I suppose because its not "entertainment"?

The service was not very well advertised at all. It was mentioned in the refreshements tent run by the church, but other than that I saw no adverts for it.

Many of the pictures in the refreshments tent were of the temporary churches serving our troops abroad. Some nice ones of a 12x12 or 18x12 stuck in the middle of nowhere with one end open as a church. It may be that one point being made was that you can create a house of God wherever you need, whenever you need. To form a church all you need is the people.

In Worthing we run a drumhead service for the Armed Forces Weekend. I would love to see something similar at W&P on the Sunday.