So those who haven't played this game before. There is no prize, it is for entertainment to see the humour & ingenuity so often displayed by the participants.

If I don't come back with an immediate response it doesn't necessarily mean I have gone silent because the questioner is getting too near the answer as I may be only popping in & out whilst doing other things.

All of these items have a military connotation or application.

Clues to start off, it is pre-war & British.

filterbarrel.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have i missed the point already? Ken

Yes Ken I think you have! Although I can see the ingenuity of thought there, particularly as in the past many of the objects have had indeed had um that sort of role.

A 'Military Specification' tin opemer?

Tony no, although I suspect it would been more successful than the opener I took with me to W&P. It refused to open tins & when I squeezed really hard the handle broke.

Is it an early version of mechanical terrier racing starting traps, made before it was realized that making them all run in the same direction made for a more exciting race?

Um well nearly, but actually nope. This is really bringing the old MO spotters out :D