Beltring finds 2011....

Eaglehurst

Was very tempted by a deact GPMG but all that was on offer appeared to be messed with so stayed away from them.

Not a bad year, sold a fair bit of kit i dont need so the show worked out very cheep.

The replica GPMG's were good all metal I just need to find the pennies to buy two of them now.

I did spot a good replica but unfortunately i missed it due to having to take a trip to a local ATM, sold by the time i got back :cry:. I intend on getting one of those metal airsoft GPMGs and sticking some genuine parts to improve the look at feel of it. Im very tempted to do my own replicas at some point as well so ill let you all know once it kicks off, im sure i can do a discount for HMVF members if there is enough interest.

All the best

Ollie

Im very tempted to do my own replicas at some point All the best

Ollie

Check with your local FEO before proceeding..

VCR Act.

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms (1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

© he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

As we can not be sure that members can comply with the VCR Act in full & after legal advice we do not allow adverts for sale or post offering the manufacture of RIF's on the forum.. see forum rules.

I think I actually did well with my finds:

- 8 P37 water bottles with carrier (£2 each);

- 2 types of P37 holsters dated 1940 (£15 together);

- P37 ammo pistol pouch dated 1939 (came with holster);

- some WW2 dated P37 shoulder straps (£0,50 each);

- Brand new desert boots (£10);

- Hawaii shirt (£8);

- US M1942 Jungle Coverall, about size 44L (£40)

- a large pile of British DPM woodland- and desertcamo trousers, jackets, shirts and shorts (free mostly)

beltring2011046.jpg

Not in the pic:

- some books and magazines;

- 2 metal emailled cups (£2 each);

- a complete Vietnam-era US M1 airborne liner (£5).

Greetz ;)

David

I must admit that I love going to Beltring and having a good rummage......:D But a lot of that depends on the time to do so, rather than the money...in my experience at least.....

Last year I went for 2 days and with a ton of cash.......didn't spend anymore than necessary but had the time to browse at my leisure.....and got lots of decent items at a good price (eg: several mint NOS '44 waterbottles and mugs dated 1945 at only a fiver each...plus some Korean war era Brit combat trousers at a reasonable £15 a pair)......

This year I was hoping for a couple of days but planning for one, that in reality ended up as a 5-hour limit......I kept seeing things that I thought I'd return to later but simply ran out of time to do so.......:undecided:

I always have a mental shopping-list at the back of my mind, but an open one for anything that I think is a bargain or fills a gap in the collection..........

Guess my disappointment this year was due to my limited time to rummage....although finding the rare pair of OG SAS windproof trousers perhaps balanced things out a tad....:-)

Still, there's always next year ! Mind you, I'll be married (again) by then, so the purse strings may be pulled in a slightly different direction...........:embarrassed:

M1 helmets, Front seams and WW2 rear seams, also post war Danish ones.

M1 liners, a damaged Inland, as well post war and WW2 restorable ones.

US, 1917 meat can.

2 world of tanks T-shirts.

81 MM mortar cover, leather, march 1945

and more which I can't remember for now.

apart from mags and bullets mentioned also got a 58 pattern LONG sleeping bag v good condition 15 quid ,poles and canvas for 9x9 wolf dinning shelter cost approx 40 quid to put together as as against 195 quid off anchor supplies

Radio control helicopter (hard to control but good fun)

Woodland camo smock

Too many burgers

But best of all....CVRT track clamp - been after my own for ages and finally got one.

No A frame though more's the pity!

Some nice finds for me. Although my vehicular interests are British & postwar, I have a special interest in British Army matters that are pre-war, by that I mean pre-WW1, more or less anything other than guns & uniforms. So quite pleased to get these.

Dscf6986.jpg

Dscf6989.jpg

20873????? Cant quite read but looks interesting Clive

20873????? Cant quite read but looks interesting Clive

Yes you would find it interesting Wayne, covers your Rover 8 :D

It's been interesting to see what particular items people get turned on by. Most purchases people have posted up don't do a great deal for me, but each to his own. No doubt my books don't do a lot for others.

But I find it fascinating to know that in 1909 for every 1,000 diets of medical comforts in active service it included:

Brandy - 10 bottles

Champagne - 10 pints (yes pints not bottles)

Port wine - 15 bottles

Stout (1/2 pint) - 96 bottles

Pea soup - 3lb

Perhaps more relevant is the 1915 Handbook of Specifications for Supplies quoting 40/War Office/1837 gives all the constructional & painting details for 2-gallon petrol cans & they ain't meant to be green :wow:

RPG-7 bag

IMP-1 mine detector

Dragon 1:35 T-72 kit

T-72 book by Steven Zaloga

Some inert 5.45x39 rounds which I left at a friends place in the UK (for next year's show :-D)

Also got an AKM safety firearm course for the Arena display :-D

It's been interesting to see what particular items people get turned on by. Most purchases people have posted up don't do a great deal for me, but each to his own. No doubt my books don't do a lot for others.

But I find it fascinating to know that in 1909 for every 1,000 diets of medical comforts in active service it included:

Brandy - 10 bottles

Champagne - 10 pints (yes pints not bottles)

Port wine - 15 bottles

Stout (1/2 pint) - 96 bottles

Pea soup - 3lb

Perhaps more relevant is the 1915 Handbook of Specifications for Supplies quoting 40/War Office/1837 gives all the constructional & painting details for 2-gallon petrol cans & they ain't meant to be green :wow:

I wasn't sure if I could read Rover 8 as the image is not 100%.......Now that is a book to take a peak at next time I visit that I hope to make soon.....ish!

Funny how times have changed on supplies and ORP's.......A good example is the Sharp series where some of your facts were common place.....Regards from a sticky warm Glasgow....

Larn may your Lum Reek!!!! Or something like that......

Fantastic. Tell us more. Red for petrol, black for the others?

Tim

Fantastic. Tell us more. Red for petrol, black for the others?

Tim

No Tim actually its light grey for MT, red for aircraft with a black 'A' as at 1915.

Anyway when I find it again I'll scan it for you & put it up here. Then when someone says "Wrong colour mate!" then you call quote official specs at them.

It also has the specs for the packing cases to carry them & for the 50-gallon drums & the fuel itself, not to mention floor polish, Champagne, pea soup, dried onions & cakes (fancy)