Beltring finds 2011....

Eaglehurst

As someone who will likely not be getting down there this year...lets hear about your Beltring finds...:)

Believe it or not Jason, this year saw me spend the least ever at Beltring ! (she will be pleased !)......didn't seem to be the range of stuff I've found on previous years, but that's the way it goes....

I only bought the green windproof trousers, a book, a pair of ladies ATS shoes (NOT for me :red:) and one or two minor bits....

One stall near the Lancaster cockpits had 3 large rummage boxes at £1 an item.....the boxes included lots of NOS early pattern DPM tropical shirts and trousers in sizes 1, 3, 4 and 6.......a couple of stalls boxes of NOS DPM combat caps all in a size 6 & 7/8ths (early pattern) plus I found several 68 pattern DPM smocks in great condition and sizes but didn't buy any of it simply for the sake of it (I have lots already).....

Found a couple of NOS 44 pattern waterbottle covers too, but without markings so I suspect they were export production....plus some of the rarer small packs (pre-65) but too scruffy for my purposes......

Also found one of those very early Korean war middle parkas with attached hood and no upper pockets......I noted that it was dated 1951 and made in cotton gaberdine rather than sateen, thus explaining the lighter weight/feel compared to the later versions.......didn't buy though (too scruffy !)......

I'd still recommend going though, if you can......always something to find there...

58 pattern para smock to fit my rather large frame was my major find and a snip at £100 lol

At the rate they seem to be appreciating you may well look back on that as a deal in the not so distant future!

Would be good to see some photos. What isthe size?

Cheapest Beltring, ever, for me. No son to feed or buy guns for/with - no need to visit the sultry sites of Paddock Wood. No steel helmets to add to my pile. So I spent £40 at the show and £50 on gas and a pint of milk.

Top banana.

At the rate they seem to be appreciating you may well look back on that as a deal in the not so distant future!

Would be good to see some photos. What isthe size?

As soon as i get it out of my bergen i will get some pics cant see the size as the label as faded to nothing

I went looking for Ford V8 parts for my WOA2. I only found a set of track rod ends, and I have a spare set already. I did buy 4 signed books in the Victory marque for £15 (£4 each or £15 for 4) and 6 wartime deac rounds of 9mm for £3. Other than that, I bought a cake stand for the Wife for £9. That's it.

I saw LAWS every where from dutch ones for £60, L66A2's for £80 and a few others for Silly £, So either they all sold o the Saturday or we were at differnet shows, lol

Jon

well i spent 3 days trying to find em and i asked a few people went to the stalls they were supposed to be on and they said they didnt even have any!

dont know any of the shops that have any do you?

Bought very little this year,

A bren cover £10

Chromed Mills grenade £30

Couple of jackets and shirts £40

Sold badge collection £260 profit

Sold Bren gun £80 profit

Used a shed load of fuel in the new 432 around the arena. GRIN.

Generally not the best Beltring for a variety of reasons but it was the cheapest.

Not a vintage Beltring this year as I was only there for one day and in a bit of rush. As well as the Sniper Smock I picked up the following:

Unissued P1944 right hand pouch: £10

Unissued P1958 left and right pouches + grade 1 belt: £15

Israeli copy Mills No.36 grenade: £15

Rusty Stokes mortar bomb: £25 (restoration project)

Desert DPM Boonie hat: £7

Pair of unissued size long P1937 cross-straps: £5

Unissued 1940 dated P1937 Bren supplementary pouches and strap set: £6

Just in case anyone has them for sale; I’m after the following P1958 webbing bits in unissued condition:

Pair of kidney pouches

Waterbottle pouch

Pistol holster

Binocular case

Compass pouch

Large pack

Some nice finds for me. Although my vehicular interests are British & postwar, I have a special interest in British Army matters that are pre-war, by that I mean pre-WW1, more or less anything other than guns & uniforms. So quite pleased to get these.

Dscf6986.jpg

Dscf6989.jpg

Not a vintage Beltring this year as I was only there for one day and in a bit of rush. As well as the Sniper Smock I picked up the following:

Unissued P1944 right hand pouch: £10

Unissued P1958 left and right pouches + grade 1 belt: £15

Israeli copy Mills No.36 grenade: £15

Rusty Stokes mortar bomb: £25 (restoration project)

Desert DPM Boonie hat: £7

Pair of unissued size long P1937 cross-straps: £5

Unissued 1940 dated P1937 Bren supplementary pouches and strap set: £6

Just in case anyone has them for sale; I’m after the following P1958 webbing bits in unissued condition:

Pair of kidney pouches

Waterbottle pouch

Pistol holster

Binocular case

Compass pouch

Large pack

Sabre Sales in Southsea have some NOS Yokes, Poncho Rolls, Kidney Pouches and Large Packs in the basement....there may be the odd waterbottle pouch there too......none of this gear is in the webbing room though.....most of it is early 1980's dated and very cheap......

Some nice finds for me. Although my vehicular interests are British & postwar, I have a special interest in British Army matters that are pre-war, by that I mean pre-WW1, more or less anything other than guns & uniforms. So quite pleased to get these.

Dscf6986.jpg

Dscf6989.jpg

Clive, any chance of a copy of your CM list (providing it isn't too large !).....this should deal with clothing.....looking at the period 1960 through to the 90's.....quite willing to pay the cost ! Can you email me about this when convenient ? Many thanks, Steve Madden

lots of canvas bought on sunday v cheap! sterling mags 4 quid each, 9mm rounds 30p a go all for the ferret

Oh bugger wish that I had seen them could of done with a few.

I bought a boxed distributor for a Ferret for £30 plus matched bevel gears in a box for £20. three No 80 replica smoke grenades for £10 each.

Ummm... all radio kit at this end:

WS88 ground station aerial, complete in its bag.

Dead batteries for A40/CPRC26 (2 varieties), Bardic lamp, and the 4.5V "bell battery" of old.

WS88 battery tops (for the connectors), headset and handset.

NOS drop leads (the all rubber sort) for WS19 control units.

Dial drive springs and microphone rubbers for WS19 and chums.

WS62 spare valve case in horrible condition.

Crystal retaining plate for the (long drawn out) WS46 rebuild project.

A turtle (UK/RT 320) (which does not work and appears to have been backloaded into a skip from a considerable height, judging be the bent carrying frame and broken fin. It's probably fixable (if not, it's worth it for spares)).

Sore feet, aching knees and backache - so I didn't get around much of the show apart from the fleamarket.

The discovery that I am now too old for two consecutive 0430 - 2230 days.

The weather was mostly reasonable though, I had a good time and didn't completely empty the piggybank.

Thought there were lots of bargains but In an attempt to spend little I took only a tiny bit of cash and my Mrs spent most of it on two incredibly expensive T-Shirts for my son.

Only got a couple bits:

Got a nice 37 pattern water bottle and pouch for £3

Full washroll for £6

All a few hours before closing, people so desperate to offload kit they were practically giving it away. I've also heard from a few mates who got some parts out of the skips after 5pm

Looking forward to next year already

Oh bugger wish that I had seen them could of done with a few.

I bought a boxed distributor for a Ferret for £30 plus matched bevel gears in a box for £20. three No 80 replica smoke grenades for £10 each.

Arrgh, i'm after 3 sterling mags and smokers! Good buy with the dizzy Andy :-)

Got a fair bit this year, all bargains as well as i tend to shop smart and delve deep in the boxes.

Sa80 bayonet with scabbard and sheath x3 paid no more than £20 a peace.

Six GS mk6a helmets, paid about £10-£15 each

Took advantage of the British assault rigs that was going dirt cheap another £35

6 Colt mags with mag pull tabs on along with some free stuff from a random serving chap, £15 plus a beer:D

Old spec Sterling SMG five mags sling and a box load of inert 9mm swapped for a no4 rifle

200 rounds of linked 7,62 for £10

Shed load of brand new S95 shirts and trousers i cant remember what i paid but it was dirt cheep.

warm weather issue sleeping bag, £5

British army cot bed £10

loads of other bits like GPMG parts

Was very tempted by a deact GPMG but all that was on offer appeared to be messed with so stayed away from them.

Not a bad year, sold a fair bit of kit i dont need so the show worked out very cheep.