bowman head sets using clansman intercom

can someone tell me if i can use bowman headsets with a clansman intercom,i've two bowman headsets and intercoms fitted in my ferret and landrover but if i plug them in they work but you get a constant reverb back through the system which goes away if you put your fingers over the noise cancelling mics,try'd looking for an answer through google but found nothing,do i need diffrent prestel switchs or some sort of adapter,or even cut out the mic sections, hope someone out there has an answer,thanks.

That's very interesting, I was reading in some official UK MOD blurb very, very recently that NO Bowman kit has been officially released / sold off by MOD as yet and anything out there in the public domain has likely been half hinched or fell off the back of some wagon somewhere. . . . . .

"Allo there young fella me lad, care to 'hexplain this 'ere army radio gubbbins wot is in yer motor?" . . . .

"evening all";)

R

Are you using ANR (yellow) or standard clansman boxes in the ferret+LR?

Ditto. If you aren't using ANR boxes and the green pressels then the headsets won't be receiving power, they need 24V to work.

Andy

That's very interesting, I was reading in some official UK MOD blurb very, very recently that NO Bowman kit has been officially released / sold off by MOD as yet and anything out there in the public domain has likely been half hinched or fell off the back of some wagon somewhere. . . . . .

"Allo there young fella me lad, care to 'hexplain this 'ere army radio gubbbins wot is in yer motor?" . . . .

"evening all";)

R

You're assuming, Robin, that one half of MOD knows what the other half has been selling! :-)

Andy

i got them and war and peace from one of the radio equipment tents he had at least 10 sets,he was the one with the £1000 silent generator for sale and the huge mast outside,he told me mod had started selling of bowman kit but had then changed there minds and stopped doing so but what was out there already was fine to use,very odd.it was plugged into black boxes and green switchs in ferret(24v),and yellow boxes and green switchs in landrover but thats run on 12v.