Auxiliary Fire Service Matchless

DWS

Ted found it eventually Lot No.1761 Austin Office Van K2 3 Tons. Sold on 1st May 1969 (3rd day of sale) stored at Ruddington.

Only other K2 on that page was MXD442 "Canteen van with cupboards, confectionary shelves etc"

CLIVE thank you. for interest MXD 442 is a post war K2 with the Loadstar type cab. When CD was reformed in 48/9 MAFF set up new Food Flying Squads, They started to receive their new vehicles in Aug 1951. Based on the later K2 were Canteen vans as described which facilitated the serving of hot beverages and light refreshments, Catering Stores vans that carried equipment to set up emergency kitchens and 200gal drinking water tankers. Painted Light French Blue to BS 175. In 1953 the MAFF markings were removed and CD badges applied. .

God what A mind of daft info I am !!!

regards TED,

CLIVE thank you. for interest MXD 442 is a post war K2 with the Loadstar type cab. When CD was reformed in 48/9 MAFF set up new Food Flying Squads, They started to receive their new vehicles in Aug 1951. Based on the later K2 were Canteen vans as described which facilitated the serving of hot beverages and light refreshments, Catering Stores vans that carried equipment to set up emergency kitchens and 200gal drinking water tankers. Painted Light French Blue to BS 175. In 1953 the MAFF markings were removed and CD badges applied. .

God what A mind of daft info I am !!!

regards TED,

I am sure I saw one of these at a bus show in Cardiff in the 1980's, is it still around?

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi  i have just joined the forum , as i found it by chance when trying to find out information on a bike i have , its a  1953  matchless G3 with original engine matching the frame  reg number   LYO847

I have worked out from some posts back in 2015 that some members may have the catalogues for ruddington  sales  i have seen that on some of the scans that were posted then  reg numbers LYO 840  843  844  845  were sold but i dont see mine , i was wondering if anyone could put me in the right direction , i believe that my bike was one of the first batch for evaluation from the first supply contract , i would love to find out more info , thanks mike 

Hi Mike I don't know when it was sold or the last date of tax. It was first taxed 20 August 1953 & issued to Lancashire Fire Brigade AFS at station number D 60 Stratford, Park Road.

Sorry I cannot help with any more information.

Brian Needs   

• 5 months later...