What's it for? Value?

Enigma

• 2 years later...

.......and Humbers!

You can test the MPH & RPM indicators by unscrewing those protection covers & spinning the brass connectors with your fingers & watch the needle rotate.

As for value, not good I'm afraid. It appears that the coolant needle is missing and the leads are missing not just their connectors but the identifying sleeves. The protective covers on the rear of the main dials would be fitted on new stock items. So it might suggest this used panel was defective & replaced by a new item that had its protective covers transferred to this panel.

.......and Humbers!

You can test the MPH & RPM indicators by unscrewing those protection covers & spinning the brass connectors with your fingers & watch the needle rotate.

As for value, not good I'm afraid. It appears that the coolant needle is missing and the leads are missing not just their connectors but the identifying sleeves. The protective covers on the rear of the main dials would be fitted on new stock items. So it might suggest this used panel was defective & replaced by a new item that had its protective covers transferred to this panel.

Thanks for the reply.

So it may be worthless.

No problem, I thought as much.

Not entirely worthless as some of the mechanisms could be transplanted. But one needs to wary of fiddling around inside with the risk of dust from the radioactive paint being dispersed, particularly as the temperature needle has broken off somewhere.

Although the functionality of the wires could be determined with a multimeter & some thought, generally people are not confident with electrical problems. So for the hassle involved I think people would prefer to pay a bit more than rock bottom to have something that is more complete. Sorry, I'm not trying to belittle it to get a bargain as I have several spare ones in reserve :-)

Not entirely worthless as some of the mechanisms could be transplanted. But one needs to wary of fiddling around inside with the risk of dust from the radioactive paint being dispersed, particularly as the temperature needle has broken off somewhere.

Although the functionality of the wires could be determined with a multimeter & some thought, generally people are not confident with electrical problems. So for the hassle involved I think people would prefer to pay a bit more than rock bottom to have something that is more complete. Sorry, I'm not trying to belittle it to get a bargain as I have several spare ones in reserve :-)

Thanks for the info and I understand.

No problem though, don't know where I got it from anyway.