Reporting LIVE from the W&P Show 2011

Marmite!!

All set up and as always it felt like I had returned home the moment I stepped out onto the fields.

There seem to be a few minor changes noticeable. Getting in was different to the past, but soon sorted - and I suspect later in the week entrances will be back to what we are used to? A few road around the show site have widened, and others have narrowed. Otherwise all looking great.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted I can't get there AGAIN this year. Have a good time all those that are going.

I thought the Special Forces Robin might be Gritineye's runabout but no Cummins I know of would fit under that bonnet....:-D

Edited by daz76

Good morning from an overcast, breezy & cool W&P..

A couple of snaps from yesterday evening..

Andy Breaking up some wood for the fire :shocked:

DSC_7430-1.jpg

DSC_7425.jpg

DSC_7426.jpg

First display being built in Living History

DSC_7427.jpg

Arrived late last night.. sorry about the crap photo..

DSC_7433.jpg

Weather - Update Wednesday 13 July

I have just checked the weather charts and Friday and Saturday look changeable and wet at times, especially Saturday Night. My guess for next week is still for good weather if the High pressure in the Atlantic comes our way, but keep an eye on the Barometer for dropping pressures as this will signify rain approaching.

I have packed umberellas, boots and waterproofs, just in case.

Somewhat off-topic, which airtime providers are people using at W&P (those of you already onsite)? I think last year I had a Vodafone dongle which provided spotty at best connectivity.

Thanks

On 3.. getting HSDPA on full strenth. If you don't know what HSDPA is..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access

Edited by Marmite!!

Smithy,

I hope to be in with Heathrow and West London Area, with the Triumph and the Slat Grill, come over for a beer!

I thought the Special Forces Robin might be Gritineye's runabout but no Cummins I know of would fit under that bonnet....:-D

Dunno what ever made you think that.... :whistle:...Have you been hacking my mobile phone Darren?....there's gonna be be trouble!

It was there on test by HMVF's own tame test to destruction driver....The Squaddie..:-D

Sprog 1.JPG

Dunno what ever made you think that.... :whistle:...Have you been hacking my mobile phone Darren?....there's gonna be be trouble!

It was there on test by HMVF's own tame test to destruction driver....The Squaddie..:-D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48139[/ATTACH]

Some people say .......