Reporting LIVE from the W&P Show 2011

Marmite!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and Griff66 drove over for a looksee today, looked like pretty much most of Big Monktons and Outer Monktons pegged out with plots. Nothing at all in Medway Overflow. NLBA sure had an impressive area pegged out, wonder if Witham will pinch off an end section of it like last year?

Not too many actual vehicles yet, though spotted the OT-90 and a Stolly passing us on a low-loader as we left the site

Edited by cellstar

What's the situation like in Outer Monktons. Surely there must be plenty of space left here? Anyone in Medway Overflow yet?

Looks like most of big plots in outer Monktons is taken now, None in Monktons as that is all reserved. Medway is there for the taking if you want to be out of the way & don't want public looking at your vehicles.

Post some photos up of around the site shortly..

The Matador club!!! They reserved THREE plots last year, one big plot behind us and they never even used it.:nono:

Is there enough room for two trucks, two Land Rovers, 3 12x12's, 1x 10 man bell, 1x 9x9 and a civvy tent at Outer Monktons???

Hope there is some room for me and FatGitDave in Outer Monktons ! We first started out in Monktons and each year we have to camp a bit further into Outer Monktons ! Eventually we won't need to leave home and we'll just walk down from London everyday !! :wow:

Well - as can be seen from Lee's pics - the OT-90 is on-site now and parked up on the groups pitch. We were actually checked up on to make sure we were on our usual plot too!

Stolly is also there parked up over by Lee's citadel ready to be moved over when we occupy the site on Sat. Too much kit in to leave alone over there with the odd uninvited guest wandering around!!

Got both the the Stolly and the OT on Ovendens new trailer (6 weeks old!!) but the driver had to take the long route as with most of the Stolly up on the swan neck he couldn't get under the railway bridge at the entrance to Seven Mile lane.... :wow:

Roll on Saturday!!

I will be leaving from Sussex to land in the Americas field later this morning.

Hoping that the Reo I can see sat rather close to where I have camped for the past 6 years is not where I planned to camp though? Difficult to see in these photos.

Good to see my plot is still there, and I will be arriving this Sunday about Lunchtime. I was hoping to get there Saturday, but too much is happening this week with my Mum's Funeral. Really looking forward to getting away for a rest.

Anybody passing my plot, please stop for a chat. Look for a WOA2 in Monktons near the exit.

Robert Davey

Good to see my plot is still there, and I will be arriving this Sunday about Lunchtime. I was hoping to get there Saturday, but too much is happening this week with my Mum's Funeral. Really looking forward to getting away for a rest.

Anybody passing my plot, please stop for a chat. Look for a WOA2 in Monktons near the exit.

Robert Davey

My condoleances Robert.

I might stop by on my little parascooter.