N.O.S.

Could this be the most poorly applied Stencil?

Note the allied star is not quite lined up. I don't think that my Dad who is at the wheel would be too concerned.

Those of you who are familiar with American vehicle used by the RASC; What is the wagon ?

Its a Mack EH 5 tonne 4x2, a civilian truck modified extensively for military use. The fuel filler neck behind the guy standing gives it away. 2,400 of these trucks came to the U.K. under lend lease.

Oh dear - another one from the same stable as the Jeep in post 1!

Is that an 8 or a double cheeseburger? :-D The star looks a bit queasy too.

I mean, just imagine turning up at a rally with that? ..............

....................................................................................And then pulling out a photo to show the critics! :cool2:

GMC Stencils.JPG

Edited by N.O.S.

I think that is an ordnance vehicle from RAF Knettishall in Suffolk, known as Station 136 to the American 8th Air Force.

Knettishall had a very interesting history, but lousy painters obviously.

Correct Paul, same as the Jeep in first post. They had their priorities right though at Station 136....

Just how much of the vehicle do you need to mask off then? :-D Note also the effect of weathering and rain lower rear.

WC54 Stencil.jpg

Oh dear - yet another example from the Mighty Eighth's mightiest - the 388th BG.......

388th BG Stenciling.JPG

Dare anyone replicate this? :blush:

Oh dear - yet another example from the Mighty Eighth's mightiest - the 388th BG.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72701[/ATTACH]

They obviously applied this one while they were driving along a bumpy lane !!!!!!!

I've seen a Shilka 'restored' where they even painted the guns gloss black.........

Its a bit like d day invasion stripes on aircraft. Most of these were roughly applied in the field, but if you were spending millions restoring a spitfire would you dare to paint them by hand? What pricle authenticity eh?

Do a good underjob of paint to preserve the vehicle, then add a top coat of 'Proffesional Distress'. :-D Military reasons to paint a vehicle. 1 Protect metal work 2 Camouflage 3 Looks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72701[/ATTACH]

Dare anyone replicate this? :blush:

This is actually a secret code concerning the hiding place of the ark of the covenant.

read all about it in my bestseller book...:D