Halley restoration

DAN THE STEAM

Great work as always Dan. It would be marvellous if you can finish this year, but we all know things don’t always go as we wish. The main thing is, you are doing it to the best standard and keeping your audience amazed.

Happy new year and best of luck.

Steve.

4 hours ago, Ex-boy said:

Great work as always Dan. It would be marvellous if you can finish this year, but we all know things don’t always go as we wish. The main thing is, you are doing it to the best standard and keeping your audience amazed.

Happy new year and best of luck.

Steve.

Thankyou, I am sure hoping to push on with it, been too long and I now have all the key parts to press on.

Made up some brackets tonight to get a buzz for finishing the back end, this fits in perfectly.

Now to work out correct half shaft lengths and modify said items and half shaft tubes need bringing back to correct width to suit my chain centres.

There is only four more holes in the rear of the chassis left, these are for the silencer.

Dan

20200107_205744.jpg

20200107_205731.jpg

20200107_205729.jpg

20200107_205701.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, Dan,

Have been following your project on and off for a while now. Anyhow, I stumbled across this photograph earlier today and thought you might appreciate it.

Regards

Andy

IMG_0764.thumb.JPG.45475d87297bd75a17b7c3ab979f9ddd.JPG

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Hello. There is a flat bed Halley lorry we donated to the Grampian Motor Museum which they have on display having restored it. There is also a Halley fire engine previously owned by John Sword now in storage awaiting completion of a new Fire and Rescue museum in Edinburgh.

Ralph Halley - grandson on George H Halley 

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, so its finally time to reveal my announcement.

Today is an absolutely amazing day, after a very long time in working on this project a massive keystone and significant component has been obtained and delivered.

Today I received a crate that contained something truly amazing, within the crate is a complete B35 transaxle gearbox, something I never thought I would find.

Also with the gearbox was an original gear change lever and bracket from the cab and link rods

A truly amazing find and very grateful of all the effort made to make this possible.

So now the fun begins to rebuild the box and get it ready to fit into its rightful place.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Old Bill said:

What a wonderful find! Now you really do have a project. I bet it came from a very long way away? Do tell!

Steve    😃

Thankyou, it is amazing that such an item has even survived yet alone being United with my truck, this helps to make it a true halley with some new parts rather than one that looks ok.

I am curious to compare the original gear lever compared to what I made years ago from measuring off of a blown up photocopy drawing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rootes75 said:

Amazing, where on earth did you find it?

Looking at the way that all the paint has gone but it isn't very rusty, I think it looks like it has been sunning itself in Australia for several decades. Though that is entirely a guess.