Armour list so far & tracked vehicles..

Hi Jack

Just wanted to check you had my M8 down also can you put another M4 down if Jim has not already its my mate Phil Wood

Thanks

Perfect Tony - Have added your M8 and Phil's M4 HST.

Now I have to bully Jim into getting his done - we would then have four - come on Jim - you know you can do it :coffee:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture of my M4 High Speed Tractor , i dont think it needs too much loving to get it up and moving , it will be at A & E 2012 !!!

WOW! Just a tin of paint the Adrian!

Hi Jack, saw Mitch at Evesham yesterday and did`nt know about next year ( Computer`s are still not his thing ) is well up for going AND says there will be a new set of tracks going on the Stuart. He said both trips Sat and Sun sounds spot on. Have you got contact details for him from last year as I only see him now and again, Ian.:-)

Yeah! Totally new site - Sam has it in hand :)

With the new site Jack, could there be a page dedicated to last year where we can upload pics etc, I know there have been plenty seen on here and different sites plus video on youtube but would be good to have collectively in one place:-D

i was initially worried about the tracks on my cromwell tearing up the road but a few people have said steel tracks will only leave a white "chalk" line on the tarmac the way a carrier does and besides if it meets the regs for weight versus ground pressure then it's legit and road legal, however having said that i will do some tests of my own when it's on the road and if it starts eating tarmac then obviously i'll have to have a rethink, i could always put 432 track on if push comes to shove but that would be a last resort.

rick

i was initially worried about the tracks on my cromwell tearing up the road but a few people have said steel tracks will only leave a white "chalk" line on the tarmac the way a carrier does and besides if it meets the regs for weight versus ground pressure then it's legit and road legal, however having said that i will do some tests of my own when it's on the road and if it starts eating tarmac then obviously i'll have to have a rethink, i could always put 432 track on if push comes to shove but that would be a last resort.

rick

I think what John is on about, A few years ago the dorset council ruled that steel tracks would not be aloud on the roads due to damage they may clause ?????

Al

With the new site Jack, could there be a page dedicated to last year where we can upload pics etc, I know there have been plenty seen on here and different sites plus video on youtube but would be good to have collectively in one place:-D

Many thanks for your help with Mitch and no worries - if he said he is coming then he will be there :)

Website - yes there will be so that we can all see pictures and video's :)

I note a few vehicles with steel tracks - have all the problems about them been resolved with the Dorset County Highways Dept?

Hi John,

Only the carrier had steel tracks and it left no marks - from what I can remember :blush:. The M5 Stuart did but that was down to the rubber tracks being worn out.

rick

The steel tracks issue is one that keeps me awake during the day. The Stuart left these marks on the road during A&E and if you took a closer look you could see that there was no damage only scuffing. But the marks stayed on the road for around three weeks.

Adrian B made the point the Stuarts ground pressure would be higher because it was running on the steel and not on the rubber.

I live in the heart of Dorchester and our route circles my home and my concern is that if we damage the roads then it would be the first and last time - plus I would be reminded of it everytime I walked out of my door:-X

It isn't a case of being road legal or not - it is about damage to the roads. I would interested in your results.

In all honesty guys having been to mons 4 times now i cannot for the life of me remember that any of the tanks there ( with steel tracks) did that much damage to the road! The hellcat we take has steels and we didnt turn up any tarmac with it just made a chalk like dust on the road.

Many thanks

Al

Jack,

Speak to Mons and perhaps Bayeux, perhaps a member of their local councils could put down a few words about what they allow, reasoning behind it and what stipulations they set down for the steel tracked vehicles.

think yourself lucky ,in hertfordshire the tarmac got replaced by pot holes years ago

Nigel

Bucks is just the same.

Maybe Jack should relocate A&E to out neck of the woods.

No worries about damage from tracks as it could only be an improvement:-D:-D

Mike

Bucks is just the same.

Maybe Jack should relocate A&E to out neck of the woods.

No worries about damage from tracks as it could only be an improvement:-D:-D

Mike

Is there any roads in the uk with out pot holes?

Al