Onan Generator

My family has had an Onan 2Kw generator model OTC-17 for many years. Probably my grandfather got it after the war and we used it till the nineties. But now I'm thinking of bringing it back to it original form. I only haven't got the manuals and am also looking for more pictures.

Who can help me??

5819160850_e093949194.jpg

5819160200_21cac2bc06.jpg

My Onan generator

onan_generatorA600.jpg

An example how it was used in New Zealand

Cheers,

Arjan

• 1 month later...

Arjan:

Been off the forum since April, but can help a little bit:

The OTC engine was used in a number of generators, I have a manual for the OTC-33 and 33B, which were 2kW 12V for battery charging. Manual was 1950's, TM 5-5085, Dept of The Army. Mine is stamped "Return to Army Library Room 1A522, Pentagon"

The engine is 2-5/8" bore, 2-1/4" stroke, 5.75:1 compression ratio, 24.35cu in displacement, 5 pints oil capacity, plug gap 0.025".

Hope this helps,

Peter

• 8 years later...

Likewise I have an Onan 33B, it is complete with carry case and leads in base of carry case but is missing the ammeter - was used to charge batteries for a military vehicle collection along with a chorehorse which I also have. I am looking for the TM 5-5083 to complete this setup, can anyone help?

Mike