mk6 cromwell

my plan is to have it ready for W&P next year however my plan and bob's might be different and he won't commit to a date, can't say i blame him. (it's not that kind of job) but on the plus side now the box is in and once the ancillaries are connected the engine can be run :cool2:. the spark has already started working his magic on the various circuits and i believe adrian is supplying an instrument panel so who knows we might hear the roar of the only running mk1a meteor in existence before xmas, hey i'd even settle for boxing day

there is however one stumbling block to completing the restoration. the main gun !!! so if any of you fellas have a QF 75mm you'd be willing to part with or know of someone who might then give me a nudge. cheers

all the best

rick

• 1 month later...

Just wondering how it's all going with this Rick, did Santa bring you a QF 75 for Christmas?

I may has asked this before, but in case I haven't, I was wondering if you had any pictures of the assembly for the Final Drive as it was built up on the outside of the hull?

Happy new Year mate!

Rgds

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be sending Rick some pics of the removal and cleaning of tillers/Interlock valves and cleaning of brake/clutch/and steering fluid container. I am sure Rick will post them shortly.

I look forward to seeing those...can never get enough pics of the internal gubbins!

• 3 weeks later...