mk6 cromwell

pete if your looking for something to play with then i have some rather large bits churchill to keep you occupied :-D

hey leonardo i prefer this painting to your others

Rick... as you know I live 1 mile from Bobs premises... Would it be expected of me that the Churchill chunks will be transported to

Edited by ashtonpete

• 2 weeks later...

hi alastair

we put it down to a dicky magneto on the b bank, apparently it's a common fault for old mags to lose their magnetism once they get hot.

I took the tank to shauns hindles place in October as you know for his show and it's still there. the new mag was fitted just last week but it still had a fault on it according to shaun but he hasn't had time to do a full road test yet so the jury is still out on whether the fault has been rectified.

regardless of what pans out at shauns I plan on bringing it back to Manchester next month and carrying on with the resto, mostly small stowage bins in the turret and hull gunners compartment.

I recently bought a "top cocker" Thompson and 16x20rd mags for fitting on the commanders side and i'm looking forward to seeing it fitted. after that i'll sort the bren stowage, it's nice to be at the stage of the resto where you can put the interesting fiddly bits in :-D

rick

• 3 weeks later...

finally got the number for the haulage guy today and will give him a call tomorrow but don't worry lance even if it doesn't get to me in time you can always take a trip to the iow to see it at daves yard.

it should be nice on the island this time of year :-D

rick

• 2 months later...

cheers lance, i haven't seen the old girl for a while and had forgotten how much i love it. been too busy with work to think much about anything else.

she will be rolled out for the desert rat memorial day in thetford forrest on 15th june. which i'm really looking forward too. driving the tank is always great but having a chat with the old boys and maybe swapping a few war stories is what it's all about and you never know i might meet it's original owner.

all the best

rick

• 1 month later...

Well done Rick on renaming the tank AJAX, my elder cousin Alan had mentioned he had seen that you had in a magazine HMV I think. From my perspective when I've looked at your pics if it had been AJAX number T187613 with the 45 on the back for 8th Hussars I would have burst with excitement and emotion.:D That was my grandfathers tank markings in Normandy before he and his Lt, Lt Talbot-Harvey were knocked out by PAK 40's at Granville Crossroads 12 June 44. He was the troop Sergeant and was in the lead tank when the enemy engaged them.

Check out the PDF doc attached.

Myself and Alan are both attending the YWE in two weeks in our 110 and would be honoured if you would be so kind as let us look her over when we're there.

Reading Stuart's posts on facebook he has asked for WW2 tankie re-enactors to be with the tank, but if you want two men wearing 8th Hussars berrets and massive idiotic grins,,,, we're your men......ha ha

We have painted the 110 with the markings (not quite fitting for a softskin vehicle but it's our tribute to the man).

Hope to see you down there

Kind regards

Derek

Clough 8H.pdf

Durham-20120818-00008.jpg