mk6 cromwell

parts are never easy to come by and without the "old gang" collecting what they could when they could we'd be shafted. the tank would not be nearly so complete if it wasn't for adrian barrell or david herbert and their compulsive desire to unbolt items from range wrecks whenever the opportunity arose. the hours must have flown by out on the area in the rain and mud with only each other for warmth :D

seriously though there are many people i will thank for their efforts when the time comes.

all the best

rick

Excellent job Rick. What is the story behind the 75mm breech ring - not the same one you had at Beltring I think? Right hand side recoil shield looks familiar!!!! Don't forget where you found it!!

Is the breech ring you had at Beltring available? I still have a loose 75 tube in the Churchill turret because some git pinched it 25 years ago to put into a Valentine and now need to put it back!

thanks again for all the positive comments, i must admit i'm quite pleased with it although there are 4 or 5 boxes in the turret that i still need to fit but other than that it's very complete.

john you are right about the breech ring as i managed to find an original 75mm (the dealer has more available but the £1500 price tag is a little steep) the good news is i no longer need the repro breech ring i had at war and peace and you are welcome to it but it will need to be machined out on the back from 140mm to 167mm to accept the threaded barrel end which should be easy enough if you're friendly with any local engineers and don't worry i haven't forgotten about the gun shield ;).

pete i'll be round at the weekend with the turret for you :-D

ben the arabic cush has been replaced by a nice greek boy (sounds like a michael barrymore party)

2013-12-07 16.42.31.jpg

2013-12-07 16.47.59.jpg

2013-12-07 16.50.42.jpg

2013-12-07 16.58.18.jpg

2013-12-07 17.05.16.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have been lying idle for months now drinking myself to death with Vodka and I don't half miss the Cromwell. After all; me and her had a special relationship for near on 2 years.

I need another restoration job in summer to drag me out of the mire.

Well I have been lying idle for months now drinking myself to death with Vodka and I don't half miss the Cromwell. After all; me and her had a special relationship for near on 2 years.

I need another restoration job in summer to drag me out of the mire.

Pete that stuff is absolute rot gut why don't you offer your services in the for sale and wanted section on HMVF.