mk6 cromwell

it's a while since I posted anything on the Cromwell but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy :cool2: infact we haven't stopped for the last month. basically the tank was complete externally but the interior left a lot to be desired so I've been fitting stowage bins and boxes non stop and finally there is light at the end of the tunnel. the plan is to have it pretty much finished for the end of the month after which it will be offered for sale.

2013-11-13 17.36.41.jpg

1360329217242.jpg

1360329282724.jpg

1360329299598.jpg

1360329305608.jpg

hi niels that's an easy question to answer. i'm broke :cry: To do the tank in a relatively short time has cost me a lot in money and time which I now need to recoup. I took my eye off the ball with regards to making an income and instead focused on the tank which is probably a common mistake for us green vehicle types but it's all good, I can pull myself out of the sh1tpile once the tank is sold and besides I still have the Churchill to waste money on :D I plan to have the best Cromwell in the world by the time I sell it and that is something I can always look back on.

• 2 weeks later...

we are nearly there now and the tank is starting to look complete both inside and out. i would be lying if i said it was easy (these things never are) but i'm happy with the result, just another couple of days and it will be finished, maybe by next weekend, although i keep saying that.

it's amazing what an extra 400+ man hours and a couple of thousand pound can achieve :-D

anyway here are a few pics of the interior.

2013-11-30 20.50.03.jpg

2013-11-30 20.51.09.jpg

2013-11-30 20.52.20.jpg

2013-11-30 20.54.07.jpg

2013-11-30 20.55.19.jpg

thanks guys for all the positive comments, it's been an epic task getting it to this condition and to be honest i never planned on making it so complete but i just can't help myself. i keep moving the goal posts and i know i won't stop, even when it's sold i'll keep restoring it if the new owner let's me :nut:

for my next project i plan on rebuilding my carrier and getting it registered for the road after that i might have a break before starting the churchill (although i'm itching to start restoring the turret) but we'll see if i have any energy left in the new year.

few more pics taken on my phone which is why the quality is a little sketchy.

rick

2013-11-30 20.49.20.jpg

2013-11-30 20.53.03.jpg

2013-11-30 20.53.34.jpg

2013-11-30 20.56.01.jpg

2013-11-30 20.56.53.jpg

Rick, it's looking great, I know it's been difficult but what an achievement, something to be proud of, a peace of history restored for future generations to marvel at!, not many would have persevered as you have, others talk about doing it and collect piles of parts, dreaming about the finished result, you have been 'hands on' and got it done.

well done!.

Edited by kevin powles

others talk about doing it and collect piles of parts, dreaming about the finished result, you have been 'hands on' and got it done.

It's a good job those 'dreamers' do collect the parts over the years otherwise it would be impossible to restore things now. It's also very fortunate if those parts are available.