Well I'm sorry to say I never attended this show this year. I was going to but went to the "other" show because of pressure from a mate (he didn't take his truck in the end anyway)

I have to say T&T looks to be on it's last legs. Apart from a Bedford RL my MJ was the only post war heavy vehicle there as far as I could see (British anyway). I'm definitely going to be booking in for this show next year. Quite a few others I spoke to are also going to book in at Overlord. Wish I could turn the clock back.:(

Edited by LoggyDriver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rambo for the kind words about the old girl, glad you like it

What Can I say about the show

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC AND FANTASTIC

Fantastic Site and layout

Fantastic helpful and friendly staff. A big thank you to Gary Lamsdale for organising help to load and unload the Howitzer.

Fantastic Event, the best way to start the season, I agree with the person who said about it being a mini beltring without the muppets. This show is the best one on the circuit without doubt.

A favorite of mine at the show was this amoured motorbike, its the only one in the world as far as the owner knows and was built from photos from the Imperial War Museum

See photos below of my toy and the bike

overlord003.jpg

overlord006.jpg

overlord007.jpg

overlord008.jpg

overlord010.jpg

overlord011.jpg

Glad you got home ok, thanks again for the help with the howitzer :)

I'd just like to add my congratulations to the "Overlord" show team.

We arrived lunchtime friday and were welcomed warmly. We had a fantastic weekend and the whole group enjoyed themselves. Some came home yesterday but wished they could have done the extra night like we did.

Thanks to Rosie and co for seeing us out onto the road lunchtime today when we finally made a move.

Nice pics posted, and thanks again to all the organisers, have a pat on the back and we'll definately be back next year.

well the cubes have arrived back home safely. We are tired, sore and stiff but we have had the best weekend!

Can I say thank you so much for the great reviews, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. All the organisers, their partners and all the helpers have worked their socks off and it's so nice to hear all the good (and any bad) feed back.

The committee are very proud of the fact that the show is still run by a small number of people whose only wish is that everyone has a good time.

Get your booking forms filled in ready for next year as I reckon we will be very busy!!!!!!

Some photos I managed to take! They are not that good quality as they were taken on my phone!!!!

Me eating breakfast

The SOE always do a drive past The Kings Stone in the local area each year, we took 10 vehicles off site on the Sunday evening, here is rcubed off course

(Borrowed from Hantsweb site During World War II, this wood was used as an army assembly point before the invasion of Europe. The wood was bulging with troops, equipment, vehicles and tanks, and there was even a tank-repair workshop on the village green. Here, King George VI addressed the troops before the D-Day landings, and the King’s Stone commemorates the occasion.)

We do try and find an ex-serving person to take the salute for us, this chap is just one in a million! He had me in stitches all weekend!!!!!!!

Arena

One of several large holes dug in the arena especially for the drivers to play around in!

Gary the Arena manager

Another one from the drive past

015.jpg

020.jpg

028.jpg

041.jpg

044.jpg

047.jpg

054.jpg

079.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

Edited by rosie

I was down on the saturday and i have to say it was a very good show, a good mix of MV and living history a good amount of trade stalls and great arena displays. The new location is very good, much bigger than the last and i look forward to next year.

Pic of me in the living history area

Cropped Overlord.JPG

Well just like the rest of the thread all I can say is well done to everyone involved with the Overlord Show for pulling something together a truly great event.

This was the first time that I had ever been to the show and I had an excellent (and long) day out.

The number of vehicles, re-enactors and stalls as well as arena displays were very good indeed and if anyone is thinking of attending next year I would say go for it!

Good to meet up Rosie and R-Cubed, while I thought Mark (G506 I think Rosie said? lol) did an excellent job on the microphone in the arena.

Just sorting through my pictures now as I've been away until now so will post a couple up later on to support the nice ones that have already been posted!

On behalf of the Military Lightweight Club, i'd like to thank the organisers for a fantastic show and mirror the great comments regarding the organisation and facilities.

We will definately be attending again next year and hopefully we can put our club stand in with the other military vehicles.

Thanks and best regards,

Gordon & Val.

www.militarylightweight.co.uk

Edited by 2agunship
Text added

Ive been thinking about the overlord show all week.

My understanding is that SOE(who run overlord) has about 100 members who pay £10 per year membership.

And yet, they still managed to put put on, what was in my opinion, one of the best mv shows I have ever attended.

Good site=check

On site security=check

Plenty of toilets=check

Toilets cleaned 2/3 times a day=check

Friendly staff=check

Food outlets charging reasonable prices=check

Beer tent with live bands=check

Welcome gift=check

Hot showers=check

Plenty of fresh water sites=check.

I think what made this show so good was the fact that it is run by mv owners who appriciate the fact that we, as fellow mv owners, attend thier show.

The other major factor that helps is that it's not run for profit.

Whilst I was there, thurs-mon, a member of the overlord team came over everyday and asked if everything was ok and should they change anything for next year.

If overlord can do it, why not certain other big shows?

I really do feel that overlord will become the premier mv event in the future.

Ive been thinking about the overlord show all week.

My understanding is that SOE(who run overlord) has about 100 members who pay £10 per year membership.

And yet, they still managed to put put on, what was in my opinion, one of the best mv shows I have ever attended.

Good site=check

On site security=check

Plenty of toilets=check

Toilets cleaned 2/3 times a day=check

Friendly staff=check

Food outlets charging reasonable prices=check

Beer tent with live bands=check

Welcome gift=check

Hot showers=check

Plenty of fresh water sites=check.

I think what made this show so good was the fact that it is run by mv owners who appriciate the fact that we, as fellow mv owners, attend thier show.

The other major factor that helps is that it's not run for profit.

Whilst I was there, thurs-mon, a member of the overlord team came over everyday and asked if everything was ok and should they change anything for next year.

If overlord can do it, why not certain other big shows?

I really do feel that overlord will become the premier mv event in the future.

i,ll second that ,its going to be big next year with more vehicles hopefully

Thank you for your excellent report Mr. Rambo! I was that safety bloke winding up the guys in yellow hi-viz. They got a debrief with regards to radio procedure and emergency procedures and I got a very welcome and unexpected cup of tea and an excellent slice of coconut fruit cake - thank you for both!

The tired and dirty Ferret that you so charitably like is mine. I had the great pleasure of allowing my mate's Dad, Robert Kill, to sit in the driver's seat. Robert is an ex AFV driver, mainly Centurions but he started with Ferrets. We established that his gammy leg was ok for pressing accelerator and brake and his good leg was fine for gear change pedalling. So we let him loose in the arena with his son up top (after the show had closed for the night) and he relived his experiences of fifty years ago.

Now he wants one of his own!

message for the overlord show organisers, as it is "falklands 30" next yr and as now other show has taken it on and as your wonderfull show falls slap bang in the middle of the conflict, have you guys thought about doing something special??

never thought about that!

If I enter, will defo do a Falklands display/tribute

Mark

message for the overlord show organisers, as it is "falklands 30" next yr and as now other show has taken it on and as your wonderfull show falls slap bang in the middle of the conflict, have you guys thought about doing something special??

never thought about that!

If I enter, will defo do a Falklands display/tribute

Mark

Thanks guys I will take it back to the committee and let them know. :kiss::kiss: