ford 369

where are all the m20s

Hi guys just a quick question m20s are supposed to be fairly common as over 126000 were built during the war but whenever I go to a show very few seem to be about I only saw 2 at beltring 1 at operation ajax and none at chiltern open air museum prelude to d day but 3 in 4 days in Guernsey ,have they all retired to the channel islands or are they all as good at breaking down as mine is? cheers Nigel

Hi Nigle my mate has one he brings out once a year at Beltring, thats always breaking down as well, but only if he can get it going :-D

One of them is here snoozing in my shed. Sunday's still few days away, so she'll need all the rest she can get.

Three of my friends all have one each. (Now I want one)

Hi Guys

I have one in Australia, had it out with my other vehicles on the weekend.

Started 3rd kick

Tim

As a point of interest, are there any common faults with them? I'm thinking of getting one as my entry in to the MV world. I've had quite a few post war civvie Beezers (mainly pre unit) and have found them pretty well bullet proof (as far as old bikes go).

Here's mine. It took me 2 years (and an awful lot of money) to build it from a box of bits. Passed the Mot last week, first time on the road for 25 years or more. Went for an 80 mile run yesterday and it rode fantastic!

m20.jpg

Whats the lay out of the controls as in which side are they located , foot brake ? shift ? Clutch ? front brake?

Whats the lay out of the controls as in which side are they located , foot brake ? shift ? Clutch ? front brake?

Right foot gearchange, left foot rear brake. Everything else same as a modern bike.

Other than the manual Advance/Retard lever on the bars.

well glad to see they are all coming out of the woodwork,there were plenty in Normandy this june and I will be taking mine to the military day at the london motorcycle museum in november along with a couple of others so if anyone else is intersested let me know

Nigel

There are two rotting away in a mates barn. Naturally he is going to 'do them up'. Along with the twenty odd other bikes he found in there when he bought the place. That was nigh on 25 years ago, 'nuff said?

well if he ever considers getting rid of them I would be interested in another m20 so that I could hopefully put a combination together to make foriegn trips easier for carrying tent etc

Nigel

I have one as part of my collection - think they are great - used to take mine all over the place - Mine's a 1939 km20 deluxe with panniers but it is currently defunct due to a defective clutch!

What a pity all the hard work and sweat put into making all those vehicles the trucks and bikes getting them loaded and secured ready for the voyage .

Hi all

My girlfriends dad has one and is in the middle of restoring it at the moment,

any help with parts dealers in the uk or on the net.

cheers

joe dempsey

a most useful site for m20s and indeed all wartime British bikes is the wdm20 website and forum run by Henk Joore and as for parts and advice the man you need to speak to is Ian Wright of Ark motorcycles in Devon generally recognised as the m20 guru

Nigel

Hi all,

my friend ownes this one in Czech Republic. There are at least 3 other beautifuly restored here.

Dusan

M20.JPG