Kubelwagen type 82

I don't think that the Typ 82 was actually used for fire-fighting, and I don't think that there was a power take off fitted.

This appears to be the definitive list (in German) of Typ82 models.

Typ 820 viersitzige Ausführung

Typ 821 dreisitzige Ausführung (Funkwagen, leichter Werkstattwagen)

Typ 822 Sirenenwagen (motorgetriebene Sirene von Siemens statt der Rücksitzbank)

Typ 823 verstärktes Fahrgestell und Panzerattrappe

Typ 825 Pritschenwagen-Karosserie

Typ 826 Lieferwagenausführung für das Afrikakorps

Typ 827 (Typ 92) Kommandeurswagen mit Typ-82-Fahrgestell, KdF-Boden und KdF-Karosserie, Rolldach, 3 Sitze

Typ 828 wie Typ 820 Karosserie jedoch aus Holz

Typ 155 statt der Hinterräder ein Kettenlaufwerk

Typ 157 Schienenfahrzeug

Typ 239 mit Holzvergaser

Typ 86 mit Allradantrieb (nur 6 Prototypen hergestellt)

Typ 82E Kübelwagenfahrgestell mit KdF-Karosserie (nur 688 Fahrzeuge)

If they were used by fire-fighting units, then more in utilty/command/medical roles, or towing a small fire pump (TSA or Tragspritzeanhaenger)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There was also the type 198 Anwerfgetriebe, which was used to start heavy vehicles and Tanks. This madified type 82 had an external gearbox (getriebe) coupled to the engine with a tubular connection which fitted to the engine of a tank to crank it over.

Have not managed to find out how to post pictures but when I do I'll post what I have on it.

Cheers

Ron

• 1 month later...

VWtyp198manual.jpg[/img]

This the manual for the typ 198. Not many went into production and I have never seen a war time picture yet of one in action. They were mainly used for starting tanks and lorries in very cold temperatures ie below -30 C

Type198.jpgType198.jpg[/img]

Type825.jpg[/img]

If you need more info on the marque please feel free to ask. May I ask what model you are assembling and what year it is supposed to be representative of?

When you get to the painting stage definitely give me a shout.

Cheers

Ron Duncan

Edited by qatarkubel
more pictures and comments added

• 3 months later...

Hello Ron and thank you and apologies for the late reply, that's just what I wanted. The kit I shall be using is the old Esci 1/9 Kubel type 82, obviously I need to check what modifications I need to make to the kit to build an accurate replica. As to representing a particular year for the model, that will depend on where the vehicle was used. So now I need to find a type 198 manuel.

I would also like to get the colour scheme and markings correct.

Edited by plastic constructor

Hello Ron and thank you and apologies for the late reply, that's just what I wanted. The kit I shall be using is the old Esci 1/9 Kubel type 82, obviously I need to check what modifications I need to make to the kit to build an accurate replica. As to representing a particular year for the model, that will depend on where the vehicle was used. So now I need to find a type 198 manuel.

I would also like to get the colour scheme and markings correct.

As I have the manual for the 198 I can make a copy for you, however it will be in PDF format which will be required to be sent via an email. Colour schemes I can help with also - just pick a year you intend to use for the vehicle and I'll give you the colours.

I may have made a small error: The 198 was not the pump but the vehicle which started other vehicles. I do not have a manual for the kubel with the water pump. However I can assist with most other items you require.

Cheers

Ron

Edited by qatarkubel
Small brain phart

Thanks once again Ron, As for the year, well I'm open to suggestion as I have no idea where they served, I would imagine it would be in small towns or maybe airfields. A PDF of the appropriate information would be fantasti ...

nick.modeller@btopenworld.com

... I have broadband so large pics won't be a problem.

Nick.