Elvington Wings and Wheels

Here are some shots from both days of this years show. i'll post a link to the full batch later once I've uploaded them to a host site. A good show but a bit down on numbers both participants and punters, no doubt a sign of the economic times rather than a reflection on this cracking weekend do. Well done the organisers.

A few more to follow.

elv 029a.JPG

elv 036a.JPG

elv 042a.JPG

elv 103a.JPG

elv 044a.JPG

elv 033a.JPG

elv 023a.JPG

elv 016a.JPG

elv 006a.JPG

elv 102a.JPG

elv 017a.JPG

elv 062a.JPG

elv 018a.JPG

elv 116a.JPG

elv 008a.JPG

elv 089a.JPG

elv 112a.JPG

elv 096a.JPG

elv 009a.JPG

elv 053a.JPG

It was a good show i went on Saturday...weather wasnt the best but held off for the best part...a few showers but that was a good time to nip indoors...got a couple of bits for my Landy and some good photos too...

Didnt get to take the landy as planned thou...unforseen circumstances and all that !!!

my first show...loved everyone dressing up in the Uniforms, not sure we are ready for that yet thou...maybe after a few more shows i might go for it...DPM tank suit for now for me i think...

cheers

Mike

Good weekend. We very much enjoyed it again... Even if I did bury the Chevy up to its ears in mud in the swamped carpark this morning... it looked like a chrome plated hippopotamus! Many thanks to Ken for pulling it out at silly o'clock this AM with his GMC :)

We went up on the Sunday and had a cracking day out. Managed to have a quick chat with Steve (Jessie The Jeep), and it was nice to meet you again.

There were once again a couple of different vehicles which I hadn't seen before and The Dakota experience was very good. Overall an enjoyable day out and a show I would recommened everyone to try at least once!

Edited by Smithy

Good weekend. We very much enjoyed it again... Even if I did bury the Chevy up to its ears in mud in the swamped carpark this morning... it looked like a chrome plated hippopotamus! Many thanks to Ken for pulling it out at silly o'clock this AM with his GMC :)

You are very welcome, i had some tea, and a co driver to hold it, i think it was more of a shock for Adam as he was still asleep in the back of the GMC - now that would have either been a very good or a very bad dream. I suspect bad, as when he finally opened the rear curtain and was faced with the Somme (when he had gone to sleep parked on tarmac) and the GMC attached to the Chevy.....

I am still sorry that i could not put a name to the face - but i'll remember for next time!

Ken

Hi All, We had a great 2 days, great pics, ours is the little Haflinger & Pinzgauer Ambulance set up, weather was ok except for the heavy downpours on Saturday night, the roadway near the Fire Station was flooded on the Sunday morning nearly deep enough to float the amphibious jeep that was on display :laugh::laugh: Regards xmod90

Hi All, We had a great 2 days, great pics, ours is the little Haflinger & Pinzgauer Ambulance set up, weather was ok except for the heavy downpours on Saturday night, the roadway near the Fire Station was flooded on the Sunday morning nearly deep enough to float the amphibious jeep that was on display :laugh::laugh: Regards xmod90

Were you at Hope show last year?

It was indeed a great weekend and the organisers should be amply congratulated :) Elvington is always the first show of the season for me and a firm favourite as all the fencing makes for excellent pseudo-authentic photo opportunities recreating the Anti-Fascist Protective Barrier (= Berlin Wall as known in the East). This year there was the added bonus of winning the third prize for the post war class with my pride and joy...

Elvingtonforuma-1.jpg

Saturday night under canvas was interesting...

Edited by iannima

Hat's off to the organiser's cracking show good turn out of vehicle's as always.Some very good living history groups this year.I really enjoyed the road run out to melbourne airfield,good to see the restoration of it's control tower.Roll on next year.

you need to get it washed and waxed again :shocked: and xmod90 sheffield your on my doorstep :-)

Hi There, can you pm me with your location maybe you would like to visit our yard & have a look at our collection Regards xmod90 :)