N.O.S.

Vehicle NAMES and 'CAB ART'

A pretty girl! But I can't read the script.

Edited by snort

This might make the text on the door of the French Dodge WC54 easier to read:

½½Dodge WC54_French.jpg

Goran N

Trouble is Degsy, a crew like that don't come as standard unfortunatley.:-D Scrubbed in the dirt I get OM-AHA, make that OK-AHA

Edited by Tony B

Leanin' Leana is either a Corbitt Model 50SD6 or a White 666 6-ton 6x6 truck. USA Number 55737.

019-crop.jpg

019-crop-2.jpg

One of the duties of the 925Th Engineer Regiment, 9Th Engineer Command, is to keep runways clear for operational use. Here, a snow plough(sic) removes the snow from a Cub strip somewhere in Belgium. 12 January 1945.

NARA 342-FH-3A05223-73210AC

~Robert

Mixed bunch of vehicles, Dodge WC54 (ambulance), Jeep, Chevrolet 1½ ton, GMC, Harley Davidson MC, etc.

Yehudi_HD WLA.jpg

Goran N

Asphyia_WC54.jpg

BIG BERTHA.jpg

Burma Bound_Chevy 1_1_2 ton.jpg

Chigger_HD WLA.jpg

DA DI DI_Jeep marking.jpg

Dah_and_Dit_HD WLAs.jpg

DI DI DI DA_Jeep marking.jpg

DUMBO.jpg

HEDOODIT_HD WLA.jpg

JO-JO_HD WLA.jpg

PILLBOX.jpg

Hi

So as not to upset the ruling masters I had better introduce myself again !

I am Steve H from Ludlow and are not currently involved to much with the MV scene but were there in the late seventies, I painted on my GPW the name Muttley, as at the time it was as much about the driver and vehicle combo I think, we were not so interested in the authenticity as just taking a vehicle to shows and having a many interesting time with the people who had used them as they were meant to be, there were a lot of WW2 servicemen still around and able to tell you many a good story then.

Back to the name and artwork, I named my jeep Muttley as at the time it got a lot of awards for being a tidy jeep, hence the name Muttley, give us a medal, from waky races cartoon show, so as much about the owner as the vehicle.

I suspect some of the artwork during the war was much the same, it reminded folk of home.

Regards

Steve