Military Ambulance Gallery

Tony B

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking nice. i know some had the red cross sticker in that corner, seen them bigger too. i did have a question for ambulance owners, and thats if anyone did find IFOR markings on theirs and a number on the back door? it also have a chevron on the roof from dessert duty in gulf war 1. she is not being restored, as we used her remains for bits to restore my dads and i aim to preserve most of whats there marking and paint wise. cheers Arjan

Thanks Tony!!

Well I do spend MANY hours on the Amb to get it all up to operationel standard..

All is now working properly and the compressor is back in buisness:-)

No Chevrons on body sides and no SFOR eighter... Desert Rat Jerboa on sand, on both side doors below 3 layes of Green/black!

Now all tools back in place and all stickers new :-)

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

And a little tribute to Dansih Armed Forces

IMG_1610.jpg

A brand new Poppey is also ready to go on grille when cross is redone!

She has a quite a history the Old Girl. :-D And still only two out your way? :cool2: I did ask a First Gulf War veteran about the red cross on the roof did they dispaly it? His answer was 'No the RAF and Army Air Corp knew what they were, and the Yanks thought it was a target'.

I have finally had the combination of dry weather and time off, so have finsihed Katy's re vamp. New paint new stencils care of Axholme, stippled on to get a genuine finsih, she is also care of an artistic friend of mine to get some 'Nose Art'. She is now marked for a vehicle on a USAAF base 'Somewhere in England' during late 1943 early 1944.

Katy nose art 001.jpg

bling red.jpg

Edited by Tony B

there was a large round sticker on it, red cross where the DK plated ambulance has got it, i did not check the grill yet.

rear doors , the left had a sticker under the window, and the right had a number. i should have pictures of that too on my laptop.

i take pictures a plenty as gone means gone. this way i can see between steps what it was.

deployed in irak and bosnia. quite some history.

is there a archive to find out about military history where vehicles got deployed?

got 3 ambulances and a 109 2a to track down.

cheers,

arjan

Thank you for that Tony.

next question is about gear:

what did they carry, and where.

i know in the cab there are hooks for something, could be a bit of gear to support leg fracture?

how many syringes, boxes of bandage, the box in the cab with first aid kit, etc etc.

i want it as close as possible for display purpose.

cheers, Arjan

The fractured leg thing is a Thompson splint. Intresting history (Degsy! Stop yawning!) It was designed by a Chiropractor, and the mediacl proffesion deflamed that it was an abomination and would never replace amputation! Still in use today.

Some vehicles were retro fitted with resucitation units, see photos of the back of Ole's. This was after the 1982 Ambulance strike when military vehicles were used in a civillian role.

The fractured leg thing is a Thompson splint. Intresting history (Degsy! Stop yawning!) It was designed by a Chiropractor, and the mediacl proffesion deflamed that it was an abomination and would never replace amputation! Still in use today.

Some vehicles were retro fitted with resucitation units, see photos of the back of Ole's. This was after the 1982 Ambulance strike when military vehicles were used in a civillian role.

Can't, I'm knackered:yawn:

It comes with age mate! :-D Summer finally has decided to show up for a few days. I was working on Katy yesterday outside. The body was getting to hot to touch.

No summer here, still raining and no prospect of any improvement:argh: Katy's looking good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...