Pip Pip

Benji

Hello from the colonies. :) My name is Ben Jones and I live in Indiana. I was in the US Navy from 1965 to 1971 and I'm currently the president of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 698. I am also a WW 2 nut due to my father, his brother, my mothers's brother and two of my wife's uncles serving in WW 2. My dad was in the Fifth Marine Div (amphib), his brother Tom was in the Fifth Marine Div, my mother's brother Warren Wiley was in the Army, my wife's Uncle Carl Bartaway was in the 555th AAA (A) in Belgium, and her Uncle Don Werling was in the US Navy aboard the USS Hollandia CVE 97. Great site here guys, thanks.

Benji

So, thats Indiana Jones then?..... welcome to this very friendly forum Ben, you have a fine family military history there, you should perhaps consider giving some of their service histories to the members on this site, I am sure that they (and myself) would find it all very interesting. I look forward to your posts. ( I did my military service in the british army 1956 / 58 in Germany.) Regards from accross the pond.

Ray. :goodidea:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben, I do hope that you are staying with the forum, they are a nice bunch on here, we just love to communicate, its nice to know what we are all doing. You say that you are (like the rest of us) a WW11 nut, do you manage to get to many military shows in the States, or are they as I imagine many miles apart?...... its ok here in the U.K. distances are not a problem, so lots of opportunities to attend shows, in fact we play host to many U.S. guys that come over the pond, including trips to France and Holland, so we have many friends from your part of the world.:kissoncheek:

Hey there Benji. Good to see more of us from the states joinin' up over here. I'm located about 20 minutes north of Columbus, Ohio. Maybe I'll See you at the Findley show?

Edited by Pavy8

Hey there Benji. Good to see more of us from the states joinin' up over here. I'm located about 20 minutes north of Columbus, Ohio. Maybe I'll See you at the Findley show?

Welcome from Ohio, stick with this forum, real friendly guys on here. let us know what its like in Ohio and what vehicles you may have.:kissoncheek:

It's gettin' close to tee shirt weather here, of course it snowed pretty hard about a week ago. As mv's go all I have now is the M715, which is under restoration and has a blog in the forum here. The family is gonna grow when i get done with school. Two and a half more months