Revised Attendance List

M5Clive

Now I know you're fibbing.....

Anyone would think I have a reputation for being thrifty............................?

Sorry, I've got to go now as my favourite TV programme is about to come on and it has taught me more about successful business practice's over the years than any series of The Apprentice.............

........................."Grandville, f f f f fetch your cloth."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Convoy Participants booked in as of July 1st 2011

Dave Griffin (Essex) - Diamond T 981

Grey Radley (Essex) - White M3 Half Track

Dave Wright (Suffolk) - Dodge WC-62

Jimmy Snowling (Suffolk) - Dodge WC-51

Dan Snowling (Suffolk) - GMC 352

Peter Snowling (Suffolk) - Dodge Carryall

Roy Baker (Suffolk) - Autocar U7144T - Follow the restoration thread on HMVF.

Tony Butt (Suffolk) - Dodge WC-63

Jerry Hill (Suffolk) - Morris Commercial

Kevin Goodwin (Suffolk) - Bedford QL (GS)

Andy Dickinson & crew (Shropshire) - Harley Davidson WLA x 2

Brian Slingsby (Yorkshire) - Willys MB

Lindsey Smith (Suffolk) - Willys MB

Howard Wade (Suffolk) - Dodge Carryall

Me (Suffolk) - GMC 353 'Sticky Six'

Me (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Me (Suffolk) - 41 Chrysler Staff Car

Kevin Gant (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Tony Goff (Suffolk) - GMC 353 (Engine rebuild now completed!) / Clarket

Malcolm Holland (Wiltshire) - WC-51

Kevin Taylor (Wiltshire) - Willys MB

Jack Beckett (Dorset) - 1997 3 Man pup tent with mahogany poles & winter lashing straps

Joris (Mod) (Netherlands) - 1974 Millets 4 man bivouac tent with extended porch awning, and stainless steel pegs

Hugh Saunders (Norfolk) - GMC 353

Eric Hemmings (Essex) - Ford GPW

Eric Elmer (Essex) - Willys MB & Trailer

Richard Taylor (Suffolk) - GMC 353 / Dodge Ambulance

Wyn Davies (Clwyd) - GMC 353

Wyn Davies Mate (Clwyd) - GMC 353

Wyn Davies Mate (Clwyd) - Dodge WC-52

Mick & Gaynor Bavin (Bedfordshire) - GMC 353

Nick Pennistan (Lincs) - Cushman Package Kar and Cushman 53

Mike Davies (Essex) - White M3 Half Track

Richard (Cubed) Rixon (Hampshire) - GMC 352 (Will the little-ends have stopped knocking?) and 105 Howitzer

Bill Bourne (Suffolk) - GMC 353 DUKW

Rick Salmon (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Derek Estlea (Suffolk) - Willys MB

Beans Means (David) Hines (Norfolk) - Willys MB

Tom Watts (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Paul Hopwood (Shropshire) - Willys MB

Bodge Deep (Cumbria) - Ford GPW

Sarah Bond (Norfolk) - Willys MB

D Fulton (Norfolk) - Willys MB

Malcolm Weale (Norfolk) - Ford GPW

Simon Roberts (Yorks) - Willys MB

Steve Dobson (Yorks) - Willys MB

Fred Astbury (London) - Ford GPW

Dave Austin (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Tom Abbott (Essex) - WIllys MB

Ed Abbott (Essex) - Matchless GL3

Alan Roper (Suffolk) - WC-56

Doug Brown (Suffolk) - GMC 353

Edited by M5Clive
Poor Geography skills !

Not looking very promising for the truck to be there :cry:

But by god I am going to give it a damn good try....

Looks like your going to be a serious contender for the 'Individual that has made the greatest contribution to the event' award Richard!

Not looking very promising for the truck to be there :cry:

But by god I am going to give it a damn good try....

Come on R Cubed we all know that it can be done and the site would not be the same with that large empty space for your tent.

Cubed-in-law

Come on R Cubed we all know that it can be done and the site would not be the same with that large empty space for your tent.

Cubed-in-law

:yay:Hiya dad!!!!!

I am cracking the whip on him and he is working his little wotzits off. What we need is good weather (so he stays outside longer), all the nuts and bolts to come off easily and a very simple and quick change of whatever it is he needs (and of course for Rex to have the bits in stock!)

Cubed-in-law

Rest assured their will be no large empty spaces at Hardwick - Even the termites are moving out for the weekend to make extra space for us moving in !

Just to advise that regular forum contributor 'NOS' has successfully completed the rebuild of his GMC 353 270 engine in time for the big weekend and is now enjoying a week off work to recover from the experience!

Wizzo !

Edited by M5Clive
Can't spell !

To be honest it wasn't looking good at one point, and I was getting used to the idea of being confined to the airfield on Saturday, dragging reluctant Mustangs around with the Clarkat and doing 1/4 mile timed race-offs down the grass strip against Nick's Cushman ice cream vendor's scooter :drive:

Edited by N.O.S.

:yay:Hiya dad!!!!!

I am cracking the whip on him and he is working his little wotzits off. What we need is good weather (so he stays outside longer), all the nuts and bolts to come off easily and a very simple and quick change of whatever it is he needs (and of course for Rex to have the bits in stock!)

Hello Rosie.

How is the re build going R Cubed did not seem to confident with his last write up

Cube -in-law

Hello Rosie.

How is the re build going R Cubed did not seem to confident with his last write up

Cube -in-law

:cry::cry:

Well The cubed one called Rex today but sadly he is at a show so cant supply the parts needed tomorrow, this will mean that the truck and gun will not be making an appearance at Bolero (Oh dear that sounds like I am blaming Rex!!!!!!!! Sorry Rex :kiss:)

We will however still be coming up and will stay in a hotel type something over the weekend. Wouldnt miss it for the world!!!!!

So we will be looking for a truck to ride in (fuel money will be given of course), maybe a tent to change in on the Saturday evening.

The up sides are:-

We wont need to fork out £600+ to transport us up there (though I can guess where the savings are about to be spent, *Rosie blows more kisses at Rex!)

The cubed one does not have to work like a nutter to get it all finished (which is lucky as I am on the razz tomorrow all day with girlies from work!)

I get to sleep in relative comfort for the weekend, someone else cooks my breakfast and makes my bed :cheesy:

See you in 7 days time!!!!!!!!

Well The cubed one called Rex today but sadly he is at a show so cant supply the parts needed tomorrow, this will mean that the truck and gun will not be making an appearance at Bolero (Oh dear that sounds like I am blaming Rex!!!!!!!! Sorry Rex :kiss:)

We will however still be coming up and will stay in a hotel type something over the weekend. Wouldnt miss it for the world!!!!!

So we will be looking for a truck to ride in (fuel money will be given of course), maybe a tent to change in on the Saturday evening.

We wont need to fork out £600+ to transport us up there (though I can guess where the savings are about to be spent, *Rosie blows more kisses at Rex!)

The cubed one does not have to work like a nutter to get it all finished (which is lucky as I am on the razz tomorrow all day with girlies from work!)

I get to sleep in relative comfort for the weekend, someone else cooks my breakfast and makes my bed :cheesy:

As the cubed gang will not have there own means of transport, I too (Rosie's father) will be looking for a ride on the outings, will like to take loads of photo's on the visits to the different airfields and on the drive between them, will be grateful to any offers.

Cube-in-law

As the cubed gang will not have there own means of transport, I too (Rosie's father) will be looking for a ride on the outings, will like to take loads of photo's on the visits to the different airfields and on the drive between them, will be grateful to any offers.

Cube-in-law

There is always room for a little one Dad!!!! I am sure we can squeeze on somewhere :D

There is always room for a little one Dad!!!! I am sure we can squeeze on somewhere :D

Bummer Rosy but as we know there is always a plus side! Jump in with us - you have to be in a Mans Truck! And the Cube -in-Law too - but he isn't allowed to take the pee out of me:blush:

Bummer Rosy but as we know there is always a plus side! Jump in with us - you have to be in a Mans Truck! And the Cube -in-Law too - but he isn't allowed to take the pee out of me:blush:

Hello Jack. I thought that was part of the enjoyment over these weekends to take the pee out of people, you know it makes sence, looking forward to seeing you again.

Cube-in-law

Whats with the "little one" Rosie you trying to tell me something. Might have to delay my departure from here on Friday 15th July, been requested to finish of a job at work that day. With interment of left overs, you follow.

Cube-in-law

Shame about the truck folks, but thats how it goes sometimes. Not to worry - As you say Rosie, at least you will be able to enjoy the event without both of you having hardly any sleep in the week leading up to the event! Their will be plenty of room for passengers in other wagons for sure.

At least that is one less low-loader to have to find a parking space!

Shame about the truck folks, but thats how it goes sometimes. Not to worry - As you say Rosie, at least you will be able to enjoy the event without both of you having hardly any sleep in the week leading up to the event! Their will be plenty of room for passengers in other wagons for sure.

At least that is one less low-loader to have to find a parking space!

Clive as rosie and her Cubed clan are not camping now is there a possability of me Cubed-in-law putting a four man tent up in there place so rosie has somewhere to change and me to sleep in stead of the back of car, fingers crossed

Cubed-in-law

Clive as rosie and her Cubed clan are not camping now is there a possability of me Cubed-in-law putting a four man tent up in there place so rosie has somewhere to change and me to sleep in stead of the back of car, fingers crossed

Cubed-in-law

No problems.

Now the set-aside has been cut and having been on-site this evening setting up camp, I am confidant that there is no longer a problem with space!

Cubed-in-law

ahh good thinking Batman!!!! :kiss::kiss:

No problems.

Now the set-aside has been cut and having been on-site this evening setting up camp, I am confidant that there is no longer a problem with space!

Thanks Clive. I am getting really over excited about this weekend now!!!!!!!!! It has a bit of a downer in the fact we will be without the truck but at least we will be there (and have the t-shirts!!!!!!)