Unwanted visitors

timbertractor57

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very good :D. We've had a few incidents on the farm as you'd expect, having a site literally a mile down the road. Amazingly rather than take the outer sheet tin off they actually hacked through a breeze block wall with an axe to get in, mowing down all the fences in the paddocks to get there. It seems so ridiculous that if you harm them in any way the police immediately turn their eye on you, hang on a minute, if they hadn't been breaking in, would they have been harmed?

The van used to nick all the stainless steel kit from the kitchens where I used to work was all sign-written with the name of one of disposal firms the company was known to use. It was on the CCTV footage but when the police checked the plates were false and the van was never seen again. A plain van would have stood out like a sore thumb whilst parked on site.

The van used to nick all the stainless steel kit from the kitchens where I used to work was all sign-written with the name of one of disposal firms the company was known to use. It was on the CCTV footage but when the police checked the plates were false and the van was never seen again. A plain van would have stood out like a sore thumb whilst parked on site.

An inside job then... must be a pun for that

Work had a visit from the little darlings over the weekend. Drained all the fuel out of all the machinery and emptied several (large) bowsers. They even let the rear tyres down on the bowsers to let all the fuel run to the back so that they could get every last drop... :mad:

I should think in total they must have got around 15,000litres minimum :argh:

Something needs to be done, we can't let them keep getting away with this. They need to be taught in the only language they understand. I'm sick of working hard trying to make an honest living, so that certain groups can sit back and have an easy ride, while probably claiming benefits as well... we may as well all just hand over wages straight over to them, would save all this aggro!

Would any council actually send manhole covers to the scrappy in a white Transit anyway? It must be blindingly obvious what's legit and what isn't.

Stone

Only if they have nicked them to top up their coffers.

Most manhole covers in the roads are the property of the sewage undertaker and not the council. The council are responsible for gully grates though.

They also nick road signs as these are normally aluminium.

Mike

I think the real problem is that things like this aren't seen as 'real' crime by the Police. Mind you, I'm blowed if I can work out what they think is real anymore apart from anything easily mopped up and carried out by someone who won't cause to much aggro.

you've got it right there , I've been stolen my collection , almost 3 years ago , first thing I heard from police officers , " it's only a theft , no one got hurt , no priority on this case , " until now , nothing has shown up , no news at all , but what do yoiu want , its a classified matter , case closed !!>:(

Met the man today from the insurance company about the JCB Loadall that we had stolen.

And he told me that they traced our machine to a european port but due to a mix up in handing over info They lost track of it .

SICK SICK SICK

I am now on the Jack Daniels and Phone turned off ( sorry if the spelling is a bit wrong its the JD efect:nut:

Couple of years back - maybe 5 or so - the local little darlings came into our front garden one night, buried a cache of large fireworks in the earth at the corner of the garage and lit the fuses. Resulting bang woke up the whole banjo. When we checked the next day everything was covered in earth and we had a crater about 18" wide and 6" to 8" deep. Called the local police and at first they didn't want to know so I asked if the laws on criminal trespass and illegal use of explosives had been rescinded. If so I'd go talk to my lawyer. That got a patrol car round a few hours later. Crime number issued and that was it In fairness not much else they could have done at the time it was just the attitude on the phone that pee'd me off.

Same year at Xmas we had a lump of concrete thrown through the rear screen of the Explorer and the interior pelted with eggs - and then the same pelting to the front door and living room windows. Called the plod, got the same initial response, did the proverbial nut at them as damage had been caused. When they finally turned up we got another crime number and then they went to wander off so the other half politely asked if they would like the lump of concrete and the egg boxes to finger print. Their answer - "we can't get finger prints from those sort of item". Fortunately a lot of my mates from the old days are all coppers down under so a phone call got me a letter sent authoritatively stating it was possible to fingerprint these items and I submitted a formal complaint. Never heard any more about it though.

Twist in the tale is as all this is going on the local little darling had gathered in the street laughing at both us and the coppers. As the plod went to leave one of them gobbed at the patrol car. Never seen the paddy wagon arrive so fast.... Whole lot were thrown in and taken away and for the rest of the day all we saw were police officers knocking on their front doors.

Not had many problems since but is it any wonder people have so little respect for the law and order system these days???

You all are going to love this one...

Wife came in from work tonight at the local primary school rather up-tight....

They'd had uninvited guests last night - stripped nigh on £50,000 worth of lead and flashings from the school roof's and lifted out roof tiling to get at it. Apparently they were disturbed before they could finish stripping the bell tower and left all their tools behind.

The head rang the police, told them all this and the response seemingly ws "not worth us coming out - you were the last school in the area and we were waiting for you to get done". The head apparently went ballistic, even more so when they refused to come and collect the tools the crooks left behind....

Now the schools insurance (read the councils) has to fund the replacement of the lead ASAP as there are gaping holes in the school roof. No prizes for guessing where the cost of the increased premiums next year will be passed on to.... :banghead:

Now the schools insurance (read the councils) has to fund the replacement of the lead ASAP as there are gaping holes in the school roof. No prizes for guessing where the cost of the increased premiums next year will be passed on to.... :banghead:

Unlikely they will use lead again though, there are lots of alternatives around now that look similar but have no scrap value...unless it is listed, then it will have to be lead, and will disappear again in due coarse.

They seemingly have "other" problems - a long established local butchers and a green grocers are have been closed and are about to be converted into a mosque. Immediately opposite on the other side of the road is a recently opened halal butchers and an Asian owned fruit/veg/you name it store. There is much ill feeling sadly...

Whether this can justify their reaction I do not know......

They don't have the time and certainly not enough of them to stake out a school. It is criminal of them to not at least bother to collect the tools for some sort of analysis. It just makes it look like that they can only throw money and time at the big cases all the annoying ones are left to wither away. Maybe its the new strategy by Government to reduce uptake of prison places...... Build more prisons

Before Christmas around here a forklift was stolen from a local company and during their getaway they ran over an old lady, nothing to do with the forklift or company, just out for a walk minding her own business.

They left her lying for dead in the middle of a country road, fortunately if thats the word, she wasn't lying undiscovered for too long. She still spend a few months in intensive care with some very serious injuries.. and why? For some clapped out old forklift. :mad:

These people don't care about society or anyone apart from themselves, they have no respect for anything people have worked hard for or the effect their actions have on individuals/groups/companies trying to make an honest living. The police can't/won't do anything, claim on the insurance and they just bump up the premium.. makes you wonder what the point is really...

In an East London Hospital A&E recently, a Patient became violent and attacked a Doctor. The Nurse there dealt with the situation - she was an ex-South African Army soldier, as the Patient soon found out.

The police do check even small scrapyards on and off, a friend of mine who runs a yard was convicted a couple of years ago for dealing in aluminium beer barrels, apparently they are easly tracable, I think he was caught with around ten on site when the inspectors came around. It was on the front page of the local paper.

As someone has already stated it seems as if these guests strike all over the country (and continent!).

At the non-league football club where I help out at we had some 'unwanted visitors' one night. Instead of breaking the locks off the door they actually chiselled away the brickwork in order to open the door to under the stand with locks still intact!

Once under the stand (where we keep machinery and other things) they took all of the copper piping, a boiler and also tried to push the sit-on tractor to the door (thankfully it was in gear so they couldn't take that).

Next on the hit list were the rest of the toilets around the ground, all copper piping taken. Believe it or not they actually cut electric cables that supply the lights to the turnstiles and the pa system around the ground. The cable was live and how they didn't get electrocute themselves I don't know!

All this happened in one evening and just means that normal people like me and others are left to clean up the mess that these lot leave :mad:

abn deuce

Unbelieveable......

Yes I find tha apauling too, I may sound old but I'm old enough to remember when Robert Mark was Comisioner of the Met. and his attitude could be judged by his recruitment advert -"the purpose of the the police is to protect the individual from society and society from the individual" I assume the Metropolitan Police covers Dagenham.

As a general rule the "Broken Windows" theory of zero tolerance policing of low level crime is valid, as delivered by NYPD commisoner William J. Bratton in 1994 to 1996 in New York and later but less successfully in L-A. should be normal practice. I really don't think all British police forces have taken this on board as there seems to be an attitude amongst some- possibly a majority - of junior officers that minor crime is not what they are there for -tended to be re-enforced by the use of relatively untrained CSO and wardens in the last 10 years, unfortunatly junior/ probationary officers are rarely going to thwart serious crime -such as terrorism. 30 years ago it was calculated that without the full support of the public the chances of locating a serious on going crime (at that time burgulary was the example) was twice in an average 20 year career:shocked: which should mean that a pattern of crime such as large buildings being stripped of lead -should be adequately pursued.

I have say that up here in the sticks for the most part Northumbria Police are pretty good at dealing with the lower level of crime -for example on monday a post grad. student I know was mugged and his 'phone taken -result his 3 assailants were in custody within 2 hours and property recovered intact:-D but no doubt without a successful ID the muggers will claim they found the 'phone and then the lawyers will drop the case.

But as everyone has implied something needs to be done or we're all ******>:(

Yes I find tha apauling too, I may sound old but I'm old enough to remember when Robert Mark was Comisioner of the Met. and his attitude could be judged by his recruitment advert -"the purpose of the the police is to protect the individual from society and society from the individual" I assume the Metropolitan Police covers Dagenham. (

That is certainly the theory. But the local nick at Chadwell Heath was closed a few years ago as a cost-cutting exercise and the work spread around the 3 other local nicks (Dagenham, Barking & Ilford) Right at the same time as they suffered manpower cuts under the same cost cutting exercise.

As an illustration - during a spate of troubles last year all of which occurred around midnight the local residents association complained bitterly to the police about the lack of presence on the wards. The police replied they had two officers patrolling the street at what they deemed the critical times. 2PM twice a week and the "officers were CSO's on bikes. No powers of arrest or anything (and the local yobs are all too aware of this) riding around when all the little darlings are causing trouble in the schools.