19/11/2006Great Malvern International Military Convention

Chappers

it is official that it is colder inside than outside. i actually go outside to warm up a bit.

that is why i wear my pink shoes.

they have 3 inches of thick rubber between my feet & the concrete floor that acts as insulation. thermal socks,gloves,hat & scarf along with a thermal vest, t shirt, jumper & coat help as well.

we will be there as usual,

come & say hi if you see my shoes

berni

• 3 weeks later...

I brought the US M1937 field kitchen, 1940 dated for £110. A real Bargain in my eyes .Ordered a full set of Canvas for the GMC352 I've just rebuilt from J&M Worthings, Was tempted by Commanders .50cal though. Maybe after Christmas we may have to have a chat if you still have it then.

width=225 height=373http://www.seabeecook.com/equipment/images/Jarvela-06_T.JPG[/img]

Nice day's shopping

regards

Steve

I didn't go. I had bigger fish to fry. Here are a couple of the things that i was looking at with Steve. I must add that this was in total darkness with only a tiny torch and my camera flash for illumination. And before you say "what a load of old rubbish" say to yourself "He who is without something rusty in your shed, cast the first stone". By the way, these photos were not taken in my shed.

Tim too.

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN3815.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN3822.jpg[/img]

I went, and didn't get anything I was looking for :cry: Just bought a couple of bits from Tony Sudds who lives 1/2 hour from me so it was well worth 6 hours driving :roll:

Didn't seem as many traders there as last year, still at least it was warm.

I had to laugh at the price of some of the M1 helmetsI saw, £1650 for one and £1250 another.A little over priced in my opinion :schocked: :schocked:,I got some right good deals on other stuff, Hydraulic prime mover towing eye on mounting bracket for £1, winch block and tackle for £3, the guy just wanted to get rid of all his stuff ,I spent £15 in total including the above.

regards

Steve

Hmmm, they tend to get very expensive if the corkpaint is ok as well as the straps.

Check E-Bay.

Those Fixed Bale are vulnerable to breakage.

Or you order a repro from me marked as almost anything you want.

Not WW2 but great for re-enactment....still pricy though. :roll:

What I did this year is start at the top and work my way down, less crowds.

I bought my union jack stikers for my car and a really nice bomber jacket off a dutch guy.

I wished they would put a tea stall outside, a bit to crowded for my liking, and the cost of a coffee/tea was a disgrace!. I'm not tight, but I hate it when food vendors take the p*ss.

We drove up from london and the scenery was fantastic, the autum colours were lovely.