• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack,

The petrol stations in that area are going to be rubbing their hands. It was mentioned last year of discounted fuel, which I know didnt pan out so is this worth investigating again, seeing as the guys are going to be spending hundreds of pounds if not more??? And will the local Petrol stations have enough to keep us going seeing that is going to be a very busy time down that neck of the woods?

Regards

Paul

Jack,

The petrol stations in that area are going to be rubbing their hands. It was mentioned last year of discounted fuel, which I know didnt pan out so is this worth investigating again, seeing as the guys are going to be spending hundreds of pounds if not more??? And will the local Petrol stations have enough to keep us going seeing that is going to be a very busy time down that neck of the woods?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul - yes it is and there is talk of having a big fuel company sponsoring A&E 2012 - I will work on that. But I think the best way forward is to tuck away £5/week until A&E for fuel. Don't those who do not want to do the Sunday run into Weymouth - around 10,000 people are usually there - do not have to :)

But have we got enough Dorset Regiment vehicles yet?

Thanks to your constructive comments and patches I finally got busy converting my P49 BD jacket to P40 specs, sewn the Wyverns on it and the recce titles.

So now I'm looking the part I hope.

See pic of me as 43rd Recce / hairdresser...

IMG_3313Medium.jpg

Thanks to your constructive comments and patches I finally got busy converting my P49 BD jacket to P40 specs, sewn the Wyverns on it and the recce titles.

So now I'm looking the part I hope.

See pic of me as 43rd Recce / hairdresser...

looking good but I'm keeping my helmet on!

IMG_3313Medium.jpg

looking very good ,but I'm keeping my helmet on!

OK - had a meeting with the 'boss' this afternoon - the Chief Inspector - just need to get it in writing but I think I have nailed the perfect place I wanted where we can line the tanks and all other vehicles up once we get to Dorchester :angel: