M10 Achilles tank destroyer

roy206

Last juli we rolled our m10 into our workshop too restore it.

after complete dissamble we send the hull into the sandblaster and after it we paint it.

the inside is almost done now,so we began 5 weeks ago too overhaul the gm 6046,everything in it is replaced by new stuff,

begin this week we fired it up and tested everything,because there where no heavy problems with it,we installed it today in the hull back.

our testrun:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEy5j4XiJk

the engines are original with no modifications,the reason that we have one generator is that we not have decided too put on 2,because it is not neccesary too put on another one.

thx,but we need no generator,have still 3 here.when you want too do something,we need a driver,s hatch. (have a gamma goat engine here,with cooler e.d )

18-2-11-1.JPG

• 1 month later...

last update:

we just put on the turret with the 17 punder in it.

most work inside is done.in engineroom only install the coolers and install fuel lines.

:mad:come on guys we need a driver,s hatch and a turret moving gear with wheel too make the beauty complete.

m10 met turret2.jpg

m10 met turret.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have asked a company in the UK that I have dealt with before to cast the two hatches off of my Achilles - they did not seem to think that this would be a problem. So if you are interested I will get a price. You can pay them direct (proves I haven't put a drink on for myself!) from past experience I would approximate it to be around £3000 + VAT for the pair.

If you don't have any joy getting driver's or passenger hatches let me know and I will pursue this and get a more accurate price.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...