Marshall Body Ambulance Info Needed pls

alflandy

Question

Does anybody have any info on Land Rover S2A/3 ambulances that had the Marshall bodies please? Do you know if any plans were made? What standard equipment was fitted? Do you know where we can get a copy of the Military publication for the Rover 7,9 or 11? Ours is Rover 11 but we have been told they were all similar.

We have a copy of the dutch ones for S3 but we could do with the english version (although some words can be guessed at) ours is a 1971 but apparently didn't go into service till 1974, we are waiting to hear about registering it as it was a direct release.

Hope someone can help with any info please.

Thanks

Avril

16 answers to this question

The user handbook for the Rover cargo vehicles (Army Code 22152) was used for the ambulances; however there was a supplement provided for the ambulance, 2/4 stretcher, 4x4 Rover 11 with Army Code 22153. This supplement was quite small as it was intended to replace certain pages in the normal user handbook. I have a copy of this.

The list of associated publications are:

Parts List - 20873

Servicing Schedule - 60139*

Technical Handbook - EMER Wh. Vehs. Q 022

*Superseded by Army Code No: 60957 which I have a copy of. This is the servicing schedule for Rover mks 3, 5, 6, 7, 8/2, 9/1, 8 &9 FFR, 9 ambulance, 10 & 11 GS FFR and Ambulance, mk1 ½ ton FFR, and the 11 ¼ ton ambulance 2/4 stretcher. Published May 1972.

If you get stuck looking for any of these, then give a shout and I will see if I can get them scanned and put on HMVF for all to see.

The user handbook for the Rover cargo vehicles (Army Code 22152) was used for the ambulances; however there was a supplement provided for the ambulance, 2/4 stretcher, 4x4 Rover 11 with Army Code 22153. This supplement was quite small as it was intended to replace certain pages in the normal user handbook. I have a copy of this.

The list of associated publications are:

Parts List - 20873

Servicing Schedule - 60139*

Technical Handbook - EMER Wh. Vehs. Q 022

*Superseded by Army Code No: 60957 which I have a copy of. This is the servicing schedule for Rover mks 3, 5, 6, 7, 8/2, 9/1, 8 &9 FFR, 9 ambulance, 10 & 11 GS FFR and Ambulance, mk1 ½ ton FFR, and the 11 ¼ ton ambulance 2/4 stretcher. Published May 1972.

If you get stuck looking for any of these, then give a shout and I will see if I can get them scanned and put on HMVF for all to see.

Hi,

I wonder if these did get scanned and put on here, if so could someone point me in the right direction?

We have recently acquired a mid-60's Land Rover 109 Marshall Ambulance (Rover 9) that has had the rear compartment gutted, we are looking to restore it to original spec if possible. Any manuals or information would be appreciated.

Many thanks

TC

I wouldn't bother hunting for the series EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 020-029 as they are just general & cover a wide range of Rover Mks & as such there is no ambulance coverage. The complete sequence spreads over four A4 binders. They are somewhat illogical in their layout. They are a mish-mash of Rover publications & devoid of some useful information although some is also covered in EMER POWER.

A suffix defines a precise variant. Thus EMER WHEELED VEHICLES:

Q 020/7 - Q 029/7 covers Ambulance, 2/4 Stretcher, Rover 7

After re-designation of Rover EMERs in 1969 became:

Q 020/2 - Q 029/2 covers Ambulance, 2/4 Stretcher, Rover 9 & 11

Q 020/17 - Q 029/17 covers Ambulance, 2/4 Stretcher, Rover Series 3

Thanks for the information, very useful to know. Lola has been virtually gutted by the previous owner so it was interesting to see the photo of the interior.

another question, if I may... can somebody enlighten me and provide the depth and width measurements of the lower stretcher guide sections, please? :-D

If you are ever up in the far north, i'll give you a set of channels and 2nd row stretcher bearers. Far too heavy to post or courier i'm afraid.

Try Blanchards in York, they have a few scrappers in the yard and won't take the eyes out of you if you go and strip the items out of them sympathetically yourself. :-D

Alec.

Let me know if you need other measurements

Drew

Thank you very much, Drew, for the pictures and for the offer of future information. I am sure I'll have a few more questions to ask.

If you are ever up in the far north, i'll give you a set of channels and 2nd row stretcher bearers. Far too heavy to post or courier i'm afraid.

Try Blanchards in York, they have a few scrappers in the yard and won't take the eyes out of you if you go and strip the items out of them sympathetically yourself. :-D

Alec.

I'll make sure I give you a shout next time I'm up North, Alec. Might not be for a few years though! :-D Hubby's grandfather came from Keiss so when we do visit Scotland we tend to head in that direction. Will bear Blanchards in mind, thanks for the info.

I'm now working through the electrical system. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that the can post on here?

Also previous owners have added various switches and to the cab, would anyone have a picture showing an original cab layout for a 1965 series 2a or similar ? The civilian version of the owners manual shows a diagram of all the dials and switches with their respective functions, is there a military equivalent, if so a scan of that would be much appreciated.

ok I hope this can help.

On the furthers right of the dash on I have added the retangular square plate with tach and a key switch that goes to a batt cutoff solenoid. Originally nothing there. (I live in mountainous area and push it quite hard on occasion). On the washer motor cover to the left of the steering wheel, I believe it was the past owner who added the small horn button. To the left of the dash, all the plates were there. To the right of the demister boost switch I added a backup light/beeper switch, and on the plate below it, next to the hazourd switch I added a siren switch ( for a two tone siren setup I use for parades). Again, the only metal plate I added was the black one to the right of original dash.(*left hand drive.) Hope this is of more help than confusion.

Drew

DSCF2293.JPG

DSCF2294.JPG

DSCF2295.JPG

DSCF2296.JPG