1941 Hobart M-5 3kva Gneretaor Set

Does anyone know of any leads on any engine parts for the above?

It is fitted with the Schebler TCX-39 carb and the Hercules ZXB engine (four cyl side valve), i have had in running, (and so far can confirm it is powerful enough to light at least one light bulb - i expect more) but would like to get it right as i intend to use it to provide power at the some of the shows we attend.

So far i've drawn a blank and am looking for rotor arm, carb gasket/rebuild kit, dynamo drive belt, head gasket and especially a replacement float for the carb.

Thanks

Ken

Edited by kpu121265
Spelling

Your best bet is to register on Smokstak and place a post in the Wanted ads for the parts.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum

There is also a generator section where you can ask about manuals and information.

The carb is a Schebler, not the way you spelt it, do a search on Google for "schebler carburetor parts" and you'll find some links.

Peter

Thanks Peter, other than the mis spelling of generator and Schebler things were going pretty well.

I will have a go on smokestak, i have the manuals, wiring diagrams and the remains of three seats of spare parts kits, but none of which include any of parts i am looking for - although i have plenty of valves to swap....

Ken

Mon plaisir.

The idea is to actually use this at the shows we attend, one to provide electric light (what - well electric light with a period generater using 110v and as close as i can source the original festoon strings anyway), and secondly to power the 110v US 8mm film projector i have to show someofthe multiple copy period news reel films i have.....

I am no photographer... The unit is actually in very very good condition, i don't think it's ever done much. The float however doesn't, at least not very well... It does run, i've powered a light bulb from it - big piece of kit for one bulb but i have bigger plans..... The wheels are nothing to do with it, it will be mounted in the Ben Hur trailer on the skids it had originally - and can always be lifted out by the DT as/when necessary. I could not get a good shot of the data plate, but it was manufactured in 1941, by Hobart, who still make catering equipment today (amongst lots of other things probably as well).....

Regards

Ken

IMG00123-20110205-1151.jpg

IMG00128-20110205-1152.jpg

IMG00129-20110205-1152.jpg

IMG00120-20110205-1150.jpg

IMG00126-20110205-1151.jpg

IMG00125-20110205-1151.jpg

IMG00121-20110205-1150.jpg

IMG00122-20110205-1150.jpg

IMG00124-20110205-1151.jpg

IMG00127-20110205-1151.jpg

I have got one off those genny's as well.

I got new valves and valve guides from a seller from the US

Also a new head gasket through e-bay. As well as a complet gasket set for the engine.

If you need the address for the valves let me know and I will look it up.

Recently there was a head gasket for sale on e-bay UK that didn't sell.

I believe it's relisted under number 220596657921 get it while it's there !

A reprint off the manuals can be bought at Rob van Meel who reprints manuals.

http://www.robvanmeel.nl/

His stock numbers are 0993 and 0737

Have you seen the following link already ?

http://www.pbase.com/kees_s/hobart

With regards,

Danny

Thanks for the info Danny, yes seen the link.

I have what appears to be the remains of three of the original parts kits, so have plenty of valves, brushes, fuses, 2 fan belts and hoses - but the headgaskets, dynamo drive belts and rotors arms were mysteriously missing.

I got two of the manuals, and three of the A3 sized wiring diagrams for it....

I had seen that link, but rather twice than not at all so thankyou.

Do you use yours?

I did just pass that headgasket on e-bay, but as i don't have a pressing need for one, stalled at the price of it, and never restarted myself.....

Regards

Ken

Edited by kpu121265
spelling

• 10 years later...