(Not an) FH 70 it had to be saved...

Hi Paulob1

That is a sweeeeeeet gun Are you going to do any shows with it and thinking about it If you put your FH by the side of mine and fire em both off what a show, Nice to see these guns being kept .

If you need any bits for it let me know and i will have a look at the bits i have in the barn.

Pete

Paul,

I will ask my friend, but i think its piro that he uses, im not sure.

I dont know if he has a manual for it.

I see one at withams a few months back, perhaps they have some spares, who knows!

(but dont forget if you tow it, disconect the driveshafts, or crack, they will break) they were only connected to move the gun around.

You could always try the artillery museum for info.

Cheers

Shaun

:)Ahhhh ha At last I know the yard thats in. Keep seeing odd things parked up in there. Lots of mushrooms and a battle area:cheesy:

we have the best mushrooms in the world, so an Italian restaurenter told me....pop in and have a look...

ok she is up and running, simple controls but have yet to work out the levelling, I will, just takes a bit of time. When the blasted rain stops then I will get her running around...going to do a temporary weld on the broken ram until I get it replaced...just need to fire up the computer now and see what is going on with that...am very pleased...very odd fuel tank arrangement...two jerry cans on the gun turret mechanism...may change that for a small tank somewhere else...

good day today, had her running driving, did the temprary weld on the ram, wont hold but will do until i collect the new ram, runs sweet, it isnt like the UK one, it does not turn around to be pointing forward to be towed, it just sticks out the back...scary or what...will be very interesting to take it on the road...still having a levelling issue though, something isnt wuiet right with the self levelling, it doesnt get to be level, it is moving freely one side but never stays level, I will work it out hopefully, drives lovely, nit of leakage on the lt hand lever so it starts to move when you engage the motor...not bad but may be just a switch sticking...she will get used a bit by me so hopefully i can sort those things out..the breech is gone and it is all welded up...so no pretend loading..shame was looking forward to doing that, still not managed to work the crane yet but will do

Edited by paulob1

Just rang about buying a Long Tom 155mm I was very keen untill he told me the price £50,000

A little out of my reach:-(

Pete,

This gun was bought and restored by a friend of mine who up to a few years ago had a fantastic collection of Artillery.The Long Tom was better than new when he had restored it but due to the size and effort in moving the piece decided to sell to the current owner for A LOT LESS money. :wow:

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

Pete,

This gun was bought and restored by a friend of mine who up to a few years ago had a fantastic collection of Artillery.The Long Tom was better than new when he had restored it but due to the size and effort in moving the piece decided to sell to the current owner for A LOT LESS money. :wow:

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

It has been my experience that the current owner doesn't really want to sell anything.....