(Not an) FH 70 it had to be saved...

Cool, does the engine run?

I was suprised when they decided to get rid of these, they should have been deployed to Afghanistan, imagine the impact they would have had.

Oh well the Armies loss is your gain ;)

Ta

Jon

yep all complete and running, or soon will be...want to see if I can get any big bang pyrotechnics for it next...anyone know if they are available and from where...

One of the first pieces of arty i saw as a junior leader at bramcote , and towed by the impressive foden limber very inspiring stuff , i do believe( once upon a time) you could fire the blank rounds on a shotgun licence.Good job in saving this fh70 have you seen the one at the cafe on the a17 00TG03

A question arose over whether it is legal to tow artillery on the road or not?

There is aparently an old law that states that it is illegal to tow artillery peices on the highway.

Does any one know about this one?

Ta

Jon[/QUO

WHAT! Sounds a bit far fetched to me. That would mean the Army couldnt tow thiers either! These days even THEY have to comply with H&S & comply with the Road Traffic act!

NEVER been stopped Towing my Mobat, even from Traffic Officers curiousity!...:D

Jon,

There was a Revamp of legislation a couple of years back IIRC. They removed a lot of old unworkable, outdated & quite frankly. Useless out moded legislation that has no place in our society today. For example: A Taxi MUST carry a bale of hay on it for Horses! Obviously out dated to sensible People! BUT, it WAS still on the statue books, & to that end. STILL a Law & enforceable tehnicaly! Common sense no doubt to a Judge Etc. But it needed to be revised or removed to halt time wasting in courts by over zealous enforcers of the Law. Who no doubt had a good laugh at some unfortunates who may have found themselves in front of M'Laud. For a petty offense, because thay had upset an Officer in another way!.......:cool2:

Blimey Paul. I wish I had your Job/Money/Time/Understanding missus (delete as appropriate)

job hmm, not easy my jobs, money, I dont have any, I spend it all on toys and things, time, I am just a do-aholic, missus, well after 2 divorces I think you know where I am coming from..current girlie only sees me because we teach together...

Very nice! You'll have enough for your own armoured division soon! Need any drivers? :D

job hmm, not easy my jobs, money, I dont have any, I spend it all on toys and things, time, I am just a do-aholic

Don't blame you, afterall you can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy it and yourself! Only get one chance etc...

(Not forgotten about those periscope screws btw, took them out the other day put them somewhere 'safe' and immediately lost them, found again now so should be in the post soon)

James

No it's not illegal to tow artillery on public roads, as long as it has a serviceable braking and lighting system, it's treated as any other trailer, we towed our's around half the country for pre deployment training for Afghan with no problems. No crown immunity anymore, MoD has to comply with the law like everybody else.

Hey paul,

They are a nice piece of kit, and very impressive when firing. My friend has one, live firing, but obviously he does'nt fire live rounds! Just big bangs.

I have a picture kicking about somewhere of a stolly towing a big gun, and if memory serves me correct, its a fh70. I will try to hunt it out.

Cheers

Shaun

Hey paul,

They are a nice piece of kit, and very impressive when firing. My friend has one, live firing, but obviously he does'nt fire live rounds! Just big bangs.

I have a picture kicking about somewhere of a stolly towing a big gun, and if memory serves me correct, its a fh70. I will try to hunt it out.

Cheers

Shaun

where does he get the big bang gear...

Here she is...

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

NOW NEED A MANUAL..

THE MINI WHEEL RAM and steering arm has been burned off, that needs replacing should be okay...will get her running this week cleaned up and ready for play time...

Edited by paulob1