SOLEX 40 NNIP Carburettor Parts Pictorial

Hi All,

A rescaled pictorial of all the parts in the Solex 40 NNIP Carb.

Some of the parts identified may not come in an overhaul kit, especially the seals. It depends on who supplies the kit.

If replacing diaphragms through age replace all - especially the economy device diaphragm, since as its name says this controls the amount fuel used and the economy of the engine.

Also note on some carburrettors the cold start device may not be as shown, instead in item 19 there maybe just two holes. Item 19 needs to be mounted with the holes horizontal if that is the case.

Diana & Jackie

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

• 8 years later...

Hi Diana and Jackie,

I'm trying to service my carby, when I opened it up I found that there was only one glass ball, not two under the Accelerator pump delivery valve retaining screws (item 54 on the illustration).  Do you have a part number and any idea where I could go to get new ones?

Last question.  What is item 49?  Is it some kind of fiber sleeve?  Whatever it is was missing.  Could you give me the description and part number.

Thanks

Philip

2 hours ago, Hartas said:

Last question.  What is item 49?  Is it some kind of fiber sleeve?  Whatever it is was missing.  Could you give me the description and part number.

Thanks

Philip

Hi Philip,

Item 49 is the seat for the Altitude Correction needle, am sure it is brass

regards.

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Skip at REME Depot in Texas has full kits, he is best reached through email and or facebook. I believe he has had all the unavailable parts that did not come in everyone else's supposed kits sourced or re manufactured so his whole kits really are a full kit. I will warn him you are looking to make contact