your favourite MV... what is it and why...

paulob1

I love the stalwart,it is just so right, so unusual and so british...

I also have a passion for zil 131's, rugged simple reliable abusable and downright fun...

I have a passion for most anything military vehicle wise, especially if it has 6 or more wheels.

what vehicles do you love.,..

Im completely besotted by my rarden fv432 and my fv434 fitters vehicle and V8 dpv 110 ive shed both skin and blood whilst working on them and its been worth it !

My 434 is currently undergoing a refurb but i cant wait until shes all finished since i started working on my fv432 fleet ive learnt so much in the understanding and mechanical practises of gkn far more than you ever would on civi vehicles,

What does it for me is that after a week or so work on these green and black beasts and have finished what you set out to do or have reached the end of a restoration and you see her on the back of a lowloader going to its first show its that feeling i cant believe ive accomplished all that, Then its having a great deal of fun driving them . Not too mention the beer tent at the end of the day .:cool2:

It has to be any of the Early Aeroscreened British 15cwt's ( It is not because of their weather equipment as there may as wel be none and hence their nickname as the Pneumonia Wagons!! ) - They are all unique in their own way from the curiously ugly Guy Ant through the Austere Bedford Mw and Commer Beetle to the Plain Fordson to the quite pretty early Morris CS8's and PU8's:coffee:

For me it has to be the AEC Matador.

I second that, I came across my first matador at the age of 7 or 8 in the woods. The local tree surgeons, Dalrymple, were hauling out major oak trees with one, it seemed to spend half its time with its front wheels in the air. It made a lasting impression.

The 10 ton Leyland Hippo, I drove many,many miles whilst in Germany in the fifties, fabulous truck, or the Scammell Explorer, another great piece of british engineering. Of course in todays traffic they would both be very slow, but in the fifties they were fine...... both a real mans truck to drive.:kissoncheek: