My Kit & Accessories Collection

Jessie The Jeep

I've been spending again. Thanks to a tip off by Mr Digestive ( Tim ), a cardboard tube arrived in the post this morning with a Bail Out Oxygen bottle inside.

The rubber tube is quite perished and was detached when it was purchased. I stripped the valve down as soon as it arrived, removed the remains of the perished rubber, carefully cleaned everything and re-assembled it all with a new rubber tube installed. I also made the 'Apple', the green wooden ball that was pulled to break the valve and start the oxygen flow.

I'm on the look out now for a new tube and the fitting that would connect it to the oxygen mask.

bailout1.jpg

bailout2.jpg

Steve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

These are in VERY good condition. I could have got some poor condition ones for about £30 to £40, but spent just a 'little' more for these!

US bomber crew boots. Some crew wore their service shoes inside them! most used electrically heated shoe inserts. Often the crews would tie their service shoes to their parachute harness in case of bail out, as the flyers boots weren't comfortable to walk in for long distances.

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Replacing lost posts.............

Here's some more gear we bought recently. Once again, Ebay was the source of the navigation plotting instruments. Below is a bakerlite Parallel rule. The only markings is the word 'Esco' on each of the joining arms. Also shown is a Warner Deviation Plotter, and a Weems Aircraft Plotter Mark II.

parallel.jpgplotter1.jpg

plotter2.jpg

Bought as part of a collection of manuals, these three cover 'Elementary Map and Aerial Photograph Reading', 'Advanced Map and Aerial Photograph Reading', and 'Mathematics for Air Crew Trainees'.

The manuals are slightly larger than A5 paper, and are in virtually mint condition.

elem_map.jpgadv_map.jpgmath.jpg

Guide to the Army Air Forces, June, 1944

A complete guide to the organisations structure, proceedures, equipment, almanac and chronical of achievement of the Army Air Forces

aaf.jpg

Aircraft Electrical Systems Manual, April 16th, 1942

Technical Manual covering everything from electronics basics to complex aircraft electrical systems

ac_elec.jpg

Aircraft Radio Shop Practice, May 1st, 1942

Technical Manual for the repair and maintenance of Aircraft Radios

ac_radio.jpg

Radiotelephone Proceedure, March 31st, 1942

Technical Manual for the understanding of Radio Telephone codes and Operational Proceedures

radphone.jpg

USAAF Report for the Secretary of War, February 27th, 1945

Report of the US Air Forces War against its enemies on all fronts during WW2

report.jpg

• 1 month later...