Help please,identification "van" from picture 18.may 1945

Higgins kpt.

Not quite the same Tomas, grille and headlights are slightly different.

Thanks all for interest,

thanks Duson for info about Chevy, but Chevrolets is many and many...

British or American?

And this pictures "Metro" American van- wrecks, think not good, becouse have few diferences and this Metro van is small,

please see again on picture France red cross vehicles, behind this Chevy (?) van is Austin K2 Ambulance,

and van is big.

O.K. maybe in the next time....

again thanks

Tomas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just stumbled into this thread,.....and when it comes to vehicle id, I can not just scroll over...

so had a search....

oo1942_vanette.jpg

my best guess, is that it is a coach build based on a Ford panel delivery truck.

executed by one of the numerous coach builders active pre war on these conversions...

The manufacturers Brooks and Transportation engineers i find again and again when i search...where brooks and Vanette also come up as types rather then brands....montpelier and many others also seemed to manufacture simular Vanettes based on Fords.

it seems very difficult to find the exact manufacturer and/or an exact picture of the layout of the truck as on the Czech picture as there seemed to be many variants that even changed per year.

anyway, here are some pics i have found.

door style and curved shape over the front wheel seems identical....lights and grille may differ from civi and probably any provided to army units?

oo1942_vanette2.jpg

Specially on this photo...the 2nd and 5th look allot like the Czech truck.

single not duall rear tyre setup for instance...highered roof line.

oo1942_vanette3.jpg

Edited by Blitzbuggy

• 6 months later...

looks like a gmc ef240 to me . produced right through to the early 50`s , straight six engine 3 speed box , used by medical units and also the friends ambulance service , this unit was set up so conscientious objectors could do war work , i have some photos of them in Norway Sweden and in Europe.

jonny loot