Bayonet Frog?

chevpol

Deffo SLR Bayonet frog, used these in the Navy late 70s onwards, green for drill practice white for parade, colours, barrack guard etc better than blancoed webbing belt and frog as didn't leave a white residue on your best suit :-D belt not so good for wrapping round your fist for fighting when on patrol with no twatting stick though ;)

Dan

Also used on the Sterling bayo too.

Fourteen years in, twelve plus with SMG as personal weapon, five years on the 1 (Br) Corps FLOT, three more just behind, and I never saw an SMG bayonet, even when parading for HRH The Princess Margaret, Colonel-in Chief.

Very much an SLR thing, the bayonet on parade. Not used at all during SMG drill (which is the only time we'd even consider a bayonet frog) when we'd be wearing leather (or plastic leather-look) regimental belts in deep shiny brown. Cannot recall ever seeing a bayonet frog to go with 58 pattern webbing for use in the field. Doesn't mean there wasn't one.

[ Cannot recall ever seeing a bayonet frog to go with 58 pattern webbing for use in the field. Doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Alien, The 'Bayonet frog' used with 1958 pattern webbing....Wasnt! It went on the side of one of the Ammo pouches! The other side had a long pocket for the Energa grenade aluncher, or the first pattern bullet catching Blank Firing attachment. (We use to put or eating utencils in that! KFS)The ammo pouch had two web straps for the retention of the bayonet in it,s scabbard.

I know.....The memories fade.......................:nut:

Fourteen years in, twelve plus with SMG as personal weapon, five years on the 1 (Br) Corps FLOT, three more just behind, and I never saw an SMG bayonet, even when parading for HRH The Princess Margaret, Colonel-in Chief.

Very much an SLR thing, the bayonet on parade. Not used at all during SMG drill (which is the only time we'd even consider a bayonet frog) when we'd be wearing leather (or plastic leather-look) regimental belts in deep shiny brown. Cannot recall ever seeing a bayonet frog to go with 58 pattern webbing for use in the field. Doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Thats why all the Sterling bayonets are in unissued condition and are sbeing sold for the Enfield No. 5. I agree, never seen one in use.