Canvas suppliers?

Graham

• 1 month later...

'Thank you' for suggesting Mayor & Sons, Preston as a canvas supplier. I went there today - not the sunniest of chaps - greeted with a growl but he became more helpful - I was told later that I must have caught him in a good mood. Anyway he said they only have a limited supply of canvas now (Jan 2011) in bright green and bright blue. He suggested I approached military vehicle cover makers.

I did buy some olive Gortex from Feltons, Lincoln Street, off Deeepdale Road, near Preston prison. Good waterproof cloth that looks, from one side, good enough for my WW2 sidecar replica seat cover.

Feltons have some great boots for sale.

No connection just a satisfied customer.

'Thank you' for suggesting Mayor & Sons, Preston as a canvas supplier. I went there today - not the sunniest of chaps - greeted with a growl but he became more helpful - I was told later that I must have caught him in a good mood. Anyway he said they only have a limited supply of canvas now (Jan 2011) in bright green and bright blue. He suggested I approached military vehicle cover makers.

I did buy some olive Gortex from Feltons, Lincoln Street, off Deeepdale Road, near Preston prison. Good waterproof cloth that looks, from one side, good enough for my WW2 sidecar replica seat cover.

Feltons have some great boots for sale.

No connection just a satisfied customer.

that guy was always like that when we went. glad you got sorted mate tho........

Edited by Willyslancs

Why dont you ring me, if you let me know what size you need I am sure I can sort something.

01454 261100 anytime

Jim.

Jim

On a similar vein, do you (or have done in past) make the canvas sand mats used in western desert by LRDG etc (the ones that take wooden slats in canvas sleeves with pointed end and rope on end) I sent similar message, some months ago, via your website email contact link but nothing heard so far

cheers

gary