Austin K5 info wanted

mogmaner

radek,

have you any idea why the black and white photos have an angled windscreen and differant doors and the colour one has not

regards

Graham,

The sand coloured K5 was once owned by an IMPS member in Surrey. I feel sure this was a normal cab version and at sometime had been altered, perhaps the roof was damaged and it was converted to a soft top.

Graham,

The sand coloured K5 was once owned by an IMPS member in Surrey. I feel sure this was a normal cab version and at sometime had been altered, perhaps the roof was damaged and it was converted to a soft top.

I bought the sand coloured one out of a garage in Burnham on Sea in Somerset in about 1978 when it was red and blue and at that time it had a coach built body on the back and a ferguson winch driven by an Austin seven engine bolted to the rear. It also had a Harvey Frost twin crane in the back. The garage used it for pulling drowned cars off the beach -- if you've been to Burnham -- you'll know what I'm talking about.

I sold it to another member of our club a couple of years later -- he replaced the body for an original and completed the restoration and it went on the d-day tour in 1984.A year or so after that, he removed the top part of the cab, made up the ragtop, slapped on a coat of yellow and hey presto -- a look alike portee -- hence the reason it doesn't look right! I wonder where the truck is now?

The picture shows another chassis and the original cab top off that truck both sold on e bay last year

Grave.jpg

N0027small.jpg

I have look to my chart of Austin books and now I have this

Instrukctions For Dismantling And Re-Assembling Lorry 3-Ton, 4x4. Austin K5 GS Airportable (this one is for sell on bay)

Driver´s Handbook Lorry 3-Ton, 4x4 A.T.Portee And General Service. Austin Model K5

Driver´s Handbook Lorry 3-Ton, 4x4 Austin K5 GS and K5 GS Airportable K5 A.T.Portee K5 Recorder A/A Mark 1

I this time I haven´t this in .jpg but I will check the books if there are any dravings.

(I haven´t the books in flat)

and one or two are in the parcels for me.