Great Dorset Steam Fair (Diesel Heavy Haulage) 2011 Diamond T 70th Birthday bash

antarmike

Hi Mike

Can understand things being a bit hectic in GDSF office, running a show that big must cause a few headaches for everyone involved.

Entry form eagerly awaited, and many thanks for all your work in getting diamond t birthday bash accepted into heavy haulage section.

Regards Alan.

The following Diamond T's are expected, these being the people who have expressed an interest in attending and to whom I have sent out entry forms today.

Diamond T's include the return of

Alan Oxborough's ex Gadzow T,

Graham Booths EGG,

Dave Griffin with NVS 144,

Tony Graves Pickford's

Tony Graves freshly restored wrecker,

Steve Rodman with 521 XUS,

Adrian with 566 XUL, and

John Pickersgill with the Irish T DOI 2401

I am not sure of Dave Weedon's position but maybe he will feel tempted to enter the Wynns T in his care?

Mark Walker may decide to bring along his Pickford's restoration project....???

If anyone not mentioned was expected an entry form, I stll have a couple of forms, so if I have cocked up and missed a request for entry, let me know now, whilst I still have a form or two going spare.

Mike

Edited by antarmike

• 5 weeks later...
Add Arthur Carter and 1942/43 980 TSY 366 if finished in time!.....

I think Arthur and I are in the same boat. Going to be a photo finish for Dorset! I can honestly see me finishing it on the day we leave!

S'alright, show doesn't start 'till the Wednesday- we can finish her down there :-D

Really looking forwards to this (I'm in diesel light haulage, aka Land Rover, but will be annoying the Heavy Haulage boys for most of it). Fingers crossed we get Adrian's T in a roadworthy and showable state- few busy weekend ahead I think...

I think Arthur and I are in the same boat. Going to be a photo finish for Dorset! I can honestly see me finishing it on the day we leave!

Hi Adrian. finished or not your T will be admired for the quality of work you have put into it,also it will be part of what hopefully will be the largest gathering of 980-981 diamond T,s ever in preservation, making for a historic and fun filled event.

Are you driving yours to Dorset?.

Regards Alan.

Hi Adrian. finished or not your T will be admired for the quality of work you have put into it,also it will be part of what hopefully will be the largest gathering of 980-981 diamond T,s ever in preservation, making for a historic and fun filled event.

Are you driving yours to Dorset?.

Regards Alan.

No, there is going to be very little, or no time for road testing so unless I can get it on a low loader (at reasonable cost) I'm afraid it won't be attending. Sorry to sound negative but there are still so many jobs to do and due to my unfortunate marital situation I cannot spend every weekend on it. I am progressing at night but not at the pace I want.

Sorry to let the team down but i have to be realistic here.

3 days work lost (not including the weekend)

+ 2 for travelling

+ low-loader hire (roughly 180 miles each way)

puts this event out of my reach, not solely on cost but work commitments as well.

some might say it wouldn`t be worth attending for just the weekend and i would probably agree with them but it`s the having to attend for the whole 5 days which is killing it for me.

i hope those of you who can attend have a fantastic event, i would certainly be interested in the dvd,

• 3 weeks later...
Looking highly likely that Bulford's D.T. (Old Joe) will be attending with their Antar and Commander,

Not definite yet but things have a good chance of falling in place.....

Do hope so, OLD JOE being the last one in military care would be the star of the show for me.And to have the Antar and Commander as well, three of the best.

• 3 weeks later...

RE Diamond T event.

The Event is still on track, and everyone who applied can be sure that everything is in place for a good event.

As you know, in the present economic climate, coming to the show is a big commitment, and I thank everyone who has agreed to attend.

Unfortunately, this year some people have found themselves in a position whereby it will not be possible for them to attend.

If anyone wants accurate information please contact me by PM.

Update It is most probable that Dave Weedon will now be bringing the Ex Wynns Cummins engined T. and he is working hard to get another T along also!!

Edited by antarmike

Hi Mike

sorry to hear about the hassle you have had to contend with,i suppose there is always a negative side to running a show.

Nice to hear of Dave Weedons input to the show it will be nice to have a Wynns T along with the rest of us,am really looking forward to this event, as it must be a first at any show to have so many Diamond T,s together and working together. Many thanks for making it possible.

Regards Alan.

• 3 weeks later...

Passes should be on the way to all who have applied. If anyone has good Hi-res photographs of their Diamond T they wish to offer for inclusion in the program, I would appreciate a good copy. If you can help please PM me and I will let you know an E-mail address where they can be sent. Thanks Mike